Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Leapers Scope or Nikon or Other

  1. #1

    Leapers Scope or Nikon or Other

    I have heard plenty about these but there really doesn't seem to be much on the forum about them. Are they any use? Anybody have any opinions on the leapers UTG 3-9x50? Also, considering a nikon pro staff 3-9x40 for my new 308 until I can afford some proper glass which will be a few years I anticipate. This student life doesn't hold out to new scopes unfortunately.

    I know now many will say buy the scope and the rifle with your change but I probably wouldn't get the box with my change so opting for a lower end scope for the mean time.

    Any my advice would be very much appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    I have a selection of cheap scopes...

    A Hawke HD 4-12x50
    A Bushnell dawn/dusk 3-9x40 ir
    A BSA essential 3-9x40 ir
    A Hawke digi-IR 6-24x50
    A Hawke sidewinder 6-24x56 (sold)
    And a Leupold VX1 3-9x40

    All of these bought because I couldn't afford a Zeiss at the time.... but add them all together and I could have bought a Swarovski Z6i


    I know this doesn't answer your question about the Leapers or Nikon but there's a subliminal message there somewhere.
    Last edited by Si; 26-11-2013 at 15:53.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

    Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

  3. #3
    Si is talking sense buy cheap buy twice or more, You can get a use S&B FOR 400 OR A SIGHTRON 2 BIG SKY 3-10x50 for the same price , i have one up the shed knocking around for sale . i now have a zeiss


    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    I have a selection of cheap scopes...

    A Hawke HD 4-12x50
    A Bushnell dawn/dusk 3-9x40 ir
    A BSA essential 3-9x40 ir
    A Hawke digi-IR 6-24x50
    A Hawke sidewinder 6-24x56 (sold)
    And a Leupold VX1 3-9x40

    All of these bought because I couldn't afford a Zeiss at the time.... but add them all together and I could have bought a Swarovski Z6i


    I know this doesn't answer your question about the Leapers or Nikon but there's a subliminal message there somewhere.

  4. #4
    I have a Leapers 3-9x40 that was bought some years ago for my daughter's 10/22, it now sits on an air rifle. They are cheap Chinese scopes of the poorest quality possible. I have never owned a Nikon but I have looked through a few. They seem to have a bit of a following especially the Nikon Monarch range. They are certainly in a totally different class to the Leapers.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

  5. #5
    I have a Nikon Pro staff 3-9x50 and Swarovski I was pleasantly surprised by the Nikon The difference at low light is noticeable about 10 to 15 minutes at last light, and the recital is far finer in the Swaroviski.
    For the money the Pro Staff is a good scope with Optics that seem very good for the price may be its that Nikon make so many good camera lenses that it is economy of scale. I don't know about the Leapers Just my opinion

  6. #6
    For the same ball park cash vortex range very good and a lifetime garuntee

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by marrajack View Post
    For the same ball park cash vortex range very good and a lifetime garuntee
    got a vortex! good stuff!
    can't you drip something up at uttings?

  8. #8
    If you are just starting out and have bought a .308 (good choice - does anything you are likely to need) and have a limited budget, forget about cheap variables. Just find yourself a good, second-hand fixed mag (6x42, 7x50 or 8x if you feel you really must)and get out there ...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackensen View Post
    If you are just starting out and have bought a .308 (good choice - does anything you are likely to need) and have a limited budget, forget about cheap variables. Just find yourself a good, second-hand fixed mag (6x42, 7x50 or 8x if you feel you really must)and get out there ...
    I think that the majority would agree with you there Sir.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

  10. #10
    I was thinking the other day at what price point you start to get less quality in a scope as the price rises to the point that you are paying for no increased quality.

    Very impressed with the Meopta Meopro that I have.

Similar Threads

  1. *SOLD* 2.5-10x 50 Leapers scope, Duplex ret
    By gixer1 in forum Optics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-10-2013, 21:42
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19-06-2013, 21:28
  3. *SOLD* nikon pro staff 3-9x50 scope
    By 223 in forum Optics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-2013, 11:01
  4. For Sale Nikon Monarch 6 x 24 x 50 Scope
    By chickenman in forum Optics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23-01-2011, 14:06
  5. Nikon monarch scope
    By jingzy in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 20:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •