Thread: Rifle Value

Question Rifle Value

Looking for a bit of advice here I have a very good condition Tikka M595 in 243 with Schmidt and bender 6x 42 scope Hungarian and a t4 moderator I am wandering how much this would be worth as a package on the open market. For clarity I am not looking to sell just yet but thinking of up gunning to a 308 and working out a likely budget any help would be much appreciated.

2nd hand 595 (with clean and unpitted bore) - 500

Scope - 250

Mod - 50

Package - 750 ish at best

Why not re barrel existing rifle, simple job...

rebarreling

I would she is also a very nice rifle. Currently im out a fair bit in the bad weather so would like to look for something synthetic. And to be honest I like the 243 she is a tack driver with any ammo just think its time for something new. You know what they say a change is as good as a holiday. Thank you for your reply

Quote Originally Posted by topscots1 View Post
    Looking for a bit of advice here I have a very good condition Tikka M595 in 243 with Schmidt and bender 6x 42 scope Hungarian and a t4 moderator I am wandering how much this would be worth as a package on the open market. For clarity I am not looking to sell just yet but thinking of up gunning to a 308 and working out a likely budget any help would be much appreciated.
    how much you want mate

Hmm this appears to be advertising be careful otherwise the post will be removed.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

advertising

Not advertising just gauging the value out of interest merely seeking advice. Realy would be hurt to sell her quite in love with her but something has to give before im allowed a new rifle.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmist View Post
    2nd hand 595 (with clean and unpitted bore) - 500....... i have the 590 in 243 and no one wants it at 500 ?? sad really it will out shoot me and onluy shot just under 600 rounds.

Scope - 250...........spot on if its clean and tidy

Mod - 50.........think the T4 again if its tidy i would say more like 100

Package - 750 ish at best so 800 for me on it, but then again as said its hard to find a buyer for a rifle thats better than any T3 out there IMO:

Why not re barrel existing rifle, simple job...
    re barrel ?

i also thought about this buy selling my 20 tac and heading down that route not cheap but you get that same rifle back with the calibre of choice,

I wish you well.

regards

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

rebarrel

The rifle realy is still to good for me to rebarrell im now thinking more of keeping the rifle and going for a bargain 308 that way I can have the best of both worlds. its a pity they stopped making them and replaced them with a less costly to produced rifle

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by topscots1 View Post
    The rifle realy is still to good for me to rebarrell im now thinking more of keeping the rifle and going for a bargain 308 that way I can have the best of both worlds. its a pity they stopped making them and replaced them with a less costly to produced rifle
    I have just done the same.

I will keep the 20 tactical and

I have just sold a old Ham radio from my collection in the attic , but it may just give me enough to get the 590 rebarreled in a 6mm br but i will have to wait and see,

great actions on both these rifles 590/595, IMO far better than the longer actioned T3 series.

bob.
    Last edited by bobjs; 28-11-2013 at 21:55.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube