Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colchester Shooting Centre.

Colchester Shooting Centre.

Hi
    Has anyone had from here had any dealings with the above? I called today and he was far from friendly! I was thinking about buying a gun from there later in the week but now having second thoughts.

I have since found a Google review which was far from complimentary.

Eddie

I have found exactly the same I can remember the original owners who were very different from the present owner.
    I was in the shop last year when 2 lads came in with an air rifle each wanting to trade them in against a pcp the owner was very rude and insulting even though they are the future of shooting not that he would care being 70ish the lads left very deflated, I left shortly after letting him know how rude he was.

I would never go near the place again.

Its really part of his charm and bonhomie. I go in occasionally and come out feeling that I am not such a sad b****r as some local trespassers say I am. I did buy a Sako from him some years ago but for 25 minutes he tried ever so hard to tell me that it was a waste of money and what I really wanted was a cheaper nasty eastern European 22 with a bit of fence post for a stock. I haven't been in for a year or so as I much rather go to Ratcliffes. Any body been into his new shop?

Whilst in his shop earlier this year, He handed me a rifle, and as is my habit, I confirmed that the gun was unloaded.
    He then lectured me on how I would never be handed a loaded gun in any gun shop.
    He then told me a cheap 100 rifle would shoot as well as a sako.
    needless to say I did not buy the rifle I travelled a distance to look at. I will not be going back to his shop again.

Seems like you've summed it up as I've heard many times before. If it's any consolation I shall be opening a shop front in the workshop in Colchester very soon...coffee pot will be on but there won't be any bullsh*t to feed you I'm afraid.

Hi the reason for my original post was I am after a new CZ452 varmint. His prices on the web site for a new CZ seems to be 100 pounds cheaper than else where. I was going to go up and buy one (if its new I don't really care about his lack of sales charm), but I am suspicious that they appear "too" cheap.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Jager SA View Post
    Seems like you've summed it up as I've heard many times before. If it's any consolation I shall be opening a shop front in the workshop in Colchester very soon...coffee pot will be on but there won't be any bullsh*t to feed you I'm afraid.
    Will you be selling any rifles and ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry270 View Post
    Will you be selling any rifles and ammo?
    Yes I will eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by EDCM View Post
    Hi the reason for my original post was I am after a new CZ452 varmint. His prices on the web site for a new CZ seems to be 100 pounds cheaper than else where. I was going to go up and buy one (if its new I don't really care about his lack of sales charm), but I am suspicious that they appear "too" cheap.

Eddie
    You can advertise any price you like, you don't have to actually sell at that price, anymore than you have to have stock to sell.
    Which is a problem I have run into twice over the last 12 months, once for a Meopta scope that loads of shops were advertising at a decent price, but nobody had one, and if ordered the price will change, and the same story again trying to buy a new CZ527.
    On looking into it, and calling the importers for both items, none of the shops advertising the items had actually had one in stock for quite some time in the case of the Meopta,
    the CZ was a case of never had a new one in stock. We complain bitterly about the certain importers try to have us all over on prices, Edgar's being one, but actually the shops that try to sell something they have never stocked at a discount no less, make the importers look like the good guys.

Neil.
    Last edited by Hornet 6; 27-11-2013 at 15:15. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Jager SA View Post
    Yes I will eventually.
    Sounds like Colchester Shooting center could do with some competition to wake them up a bit. Its not hard to give good service. It might cost a little in time and patience sometimes but customers will soon vote with their feet. Good luck.