Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Confused by condition on FAC

Confused by condition on FAC

Hi All,

just received my first FAC today...Hurrah! (pretty impressed by Thames Valley Police efficiency TBH!). Not surprisingly its come with conditions on the .270

The first is the usual "...Deer and any other legal quarry and zeroing on land deemed suitable.."

The second though says ".... shall be used for shooting ROE DEER as prescribed under the Deer (firearms etc) (Scotland) Order 1985 on land in Scotland...."

This is a little confusing to me... I am a syndicate member on some land in Scotland which has Roe and Sika on it (this was clearly shown on the syndicate lease document that I gave a copy of to my FLO by the way)

Anyone any idea why this would have been limited to just the Roe!?

cheers in advance
    TBox

Don't sign it yet! Call em up and speak to them, might be a genuine mistake.......if not ask why, explain the issue then talk to basc (if a member?) if necessary.

I would get back in touch and ask for that to be removed the deer and aolq is all you need and to have a contradictory condition is silly, even if you had just roe the cal is suitable for anything that steps out in front of it so you have shown good reason to posess and when it does you want to be legal,atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by Druid View Post
    Don't sign it yet! Call em up and speak to them, might be a genuine mistake.......if not ask why, explain the issue then talk to basc (if a member?) if necessary.
    Thanks for the reply Druid... Unfortunately too late not to sign it as it was the first thing I did! (Oops!). My FLO tends to be pretty reasonable, so I'll call her in the morning and I am a BASC member if I need further advise.

Is there any reason that anyone is aware of why I would have Deer & AOLQ in England and a different condition in Scotland?

cheers,
    TBox

Thanks Wayne,

that was exactly my thinking... What possible value does it bring to have the quarry limited to a specific species!?

cheers,
    TBox

The roe condition will be in respect of a .22 centrefire rifle. I take it that you do have such a rifle, if not it is a mistake.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    The roe condition will be in respect of a .22 centrefire rifle. I take it that you do have such a rifle, if not it is a mistake.
    No I don't have .22 c/f, just 270 for Deer & AOLQ and a 22lr for vermin....

Actually, on checking again I've spotted another error! I requested a .270 & 270 mod and 22lr and 22lr mod. They have given me 270 rifle & mod as requested, but instead of 22lr and 22lr Mod, they've given me 22lr rifle & 22 rifle!... Oh well!

looks like an error to me..

Quote Originally Posted by techno View Post
    looks like an error to me..
    +1 not the first time nor the last
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Just a quick update... Called the FLO this morning and as was in the area, they came straight round! (Absolutely cannot knock TVP firearms licensing for responsiveness!). Agreed that there is an error on the 22lr as listed 2x rifles but no sound mod but was not convinced about the Roe condition for Scotland. I asked what I should do about the Sika on the land and was told it would be covered by the deer and aolq condition and not to worry. I asked why the Sika would be covered but not the Roe, and expressed my concern was that if I shot a Sika and someone checked my FAC in Scotland, they might interpret it that I only have permission to shoot roe and am in breech of my condition.

Anyway, FLO has taken the ticket away to amend the 22 moderator and said would also take advise on the roe condition.... Hope that's not the last I'll see of my ticket! At iust under 24hrs i could hold the world record for the shortest FAC ownership ever!! LOL

cheers,
    tBox