Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted in kings lynn area rabbit control shooting

Wanted in kings lynn area rabbit control shooting

Hi guys looking for some local rabbit shooting if anyone has a need for it fully insured 4 wheel drive and open ticket for rifles cheers sean

PMSL
    Last edited by sikamalc; 27-12-2013 at 16:00.

Maybe to save on the multitude of sarcastic replies that are usually posted in response to this sort of request, the forum should simply remove the 'wanted' tag that is available? After all, whenever someone posts a 'wanted' for shooting land, the typical response is to tell him to go jump off a bridge!

I can appreciate that those who have access to shooting rights are protective of the location, but ultimately, shooting in this country is a dying sport because the barriers to get involved are so high. Apart from the cost of the hardware, the unbelievably high cost of organised hunting days and the restrictive licensing regime, other hunters/pest controllers treat every other possible hunter/pest controller as a threat and an aggravation. Therefore, less hunters/shooters, leading to very low public visibility for shooters, leading to at best a disinterested, at worst an antagonistic attitude from the general public towards shooters.

All this leads to eroding rights for shooters as we don't have much of a lobby and can be easily ignored or sacrificed on the alter of populist government policy. So the next time someone asks you for help in finding land to hunt rabbits and you decide to be less than helpful, all you're doing is bringing closer the day when all shooting, in all it's forms, is banned outright.
    Last edited by sikamalc; 27-12-2013 at 16:01.

Quote Originally Posted by zzr600 View Post
    Maybe to save on the multitude of sarcastic replies that are usually posted in response to this sort of request, the forum should simply remove the 'wanted' tag that is available? After all, whenever someone posts a 'wanted' for shooting land, the typical response is to tell him to go jump off a bridge!

I can appreciate that those who have access to shooting rights are protective of the location, but ultimately, shooting in this country is a dying sport because the barriers to get involved are so high. Apart from the cost of the hardware, the unbelievably high cost of organised hunting days and the restrictive licensing regime, other hunters/pest controllers treat every other possible hunter/pest controller as a threat and an aggravation. Therefore, less hunters/shooters, leading to very low public visibility for shooters, leading to at best a disinterested, at worst an antagonistic attitude of the general public towards shooters.

All this leads to eroding rights for shooters as we don't have much of a lobby and can be easily ignored or sacrificed on the alter of populist government policy. So the next time someone asks you for help in finding land to hunt rabbits and you decide to be less than helpful, all you're doing is bringing closer the day when all shooting, in all it's forms, is banned outright.
    Very, very wise words!!

Its not easy finding ground to shoot over and I think you may be searching in the wrong place mate . . . . .the problem you have is your advertising your service on a shooting site . . . a huge percentage of members on here are also looking for a bit of ground, hence effectively your advertising to your competitors . . . .The best way to find a bit of rabbit shooting is to find some rabbits and go chat with the farmer / land owner. . . .The internet approach won't work.
    Last edited by Cadex; 29-11-2013 at 18:20.

Quote Originally Posted by zzr600 View Post

I can appreciate that those who have access to shooting rights are protective of the location, but ultimately, shooting in this country is a dying sport because the barriers to get involved are so high. Apart from the cost of the hardware, the unbelievably high cost of organised hunting days and the restrictive licensing regime, other hunters/pest controllers treat every other possible hunter/pest controller as a threat and an aggravation. Therefore, less hunters/shooters, leading to very low public visibility for shooters, leading to at best a disinterested, at worst an antagonistic attitude from the general public towards shooters.

Well said i know from experiance how hard it is to find somewhere to shoot having moved to a new county , no one wants to help and guards you with caution , which is a shame as all i want is to shoot , and with a buddy would be even better . But anyone who has land or knows of land that is not even shot on keeps it close to there chest . i have many times thought of getting rid of the rifles and going back to clay shooting as there is always a clay club to shoot at . I have also suffered know it all replies to requests but have and will continue to try every way to find just one permission in the county i live and would like to take a buddy so we can both benefit . I have taken lots of time off work to look on data bases for farms , and spent many many days trying to find farmers to ask the question the best way i can offering references with replies from we have some one or just f--- off , so i ubderstand the guys reason for trying to ask the question here but , as stated the internet dont work .but good luck ,
    i had a zzr1100 loverly bike .
    Brian

I have to admit I too get rather tired of the sarcastic comments, when members ask for help in locating ground. It is not constructive, and sarcasm is also the lowest form of wit!!

This site is here to help everyone, and although asking for help in locating ground maybe seen to be taking the micky, it is for some people the only way of trying to locate some ground where upon they can help out or find some rabbit shooting as in this case.

So please lets see constructive help or offers.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Good job you don`t read all my comments on THL then !

I mean, come on ! some folk must know that they are being a bit daft, asking for rabbit shooting with their airgun, or even better, some stalking etc etc on a hunting site.

We all work very hard to gain permission, so surely a little sarcasm is warranted ?

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    I have to admit I too get rather tired of the sarcastic comments, when members ask for help in locating ground. It is not constructive, and sarcasm is also the lowest form of wit!!

This site is here to help everyone, and although asking for help in locating ground maybe seen to be taking the micky, it is for some people the only way of trying to locate some ground where upon they can help out or find some rabbit shooting as in this case.

So please lets see constructive help or offers.

hear hear
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Stalking yes i agree its a bit daft , but vermin control no , if i had a permission and someone in my county was asking i would consider taking them with me as i have done in the past , as i prefer to shoot with a buddy most of the time . for the inexperianced this site is a way of meeting people who can put you right not get sarcastic comments hopefully . if you ask me something direct i will answer yes or no . if i think you are being daft [asking for stalking] then i would ignore them . As i understand it Most experianced stalkers do not want pest control or are not interested now they have bigger fish to fry and i think this is the hope of many people asking on here thinking stalkers started on vermin and moved up maybe there is a need for vermin controllers . I personally have no interest in deer stalking and dont think i ever will have but rabbits and fox are what i enjoy hunting and hopefully carrying out a service to the farmer . as for sarcasm i think its ignorant .

Brian