Glass in my dinner!

Stop horsing around you lot, this is serious. Was it a steak and ale pie? Or one of those new steak and red rum ones?

On a serious note, I found a long black hair in some Heinz soup not long back. Binned the soup and called their customer care line. They said send back the packaging and product so they could inspect it. Explained that I hadn't kept the soup and they said just send the can.
Two weeks later I got a letter saying they'd run the soup through a fine sieve and found no hair. Needless to say I was less than impressed, I hadn't sent them any soup! A second phonecall to customer care sorted me out with a £10 voucher to spend in any retailer on anything as long as part of it was a Heinz product. Free beer and beans!
I imagine glass is probably worth more than hair in the scale of complaint freebies.

I havn't eaten birdseye burgers for years since I found a compleate big toenail in one (the dicovery was followed by everyone at the bbq throwing up!!) unfortunatly according to customer servis I was due nothing as I hadn't bought the burgers!!!!

Keep the packaging and the glass. Send them both back to the address on the box. On the date code is more info that will help the manufacturers find out exactly when it was produced. I dont think you will get rich out of it as it is very hard to prove. You will get some vouchers or a few quid perhaps. Asda will screw the manufacturer though!
Really lucky you spotted it, could have been nasty!

Ezzy

Back