Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: baiting foxes

baiting foxes

ive been having some good sucssess this year baiting foxes using old carcases from pheasants and partridges that i have breasted out which is fine at the moment but it will soon run dry and i was wondering if anyone has had any luck using dryed dog food? basicaly it would be nice and cheap easy to store and not affected by the warm weather unlike the carcase's in the garage but i cant see it being a big draw to the foxes

I have had some success with it if you introduce it over a number of days before hand. However, I find that the corvids will hoover it up very quickly if they find it.

I've used dog biscuit for years to good effect. I start by mixing some cheap cat food with it and using this for a week or so then swithch to dry biscuit. once they realise it's there regularly they will retun.
    I put a trail cam on the site and when the foxes are visiting regularly go and deal with them.

Cat food pouches
    17p in tesco
    spread them thinly and use them one at a time

cheapest option, unfortunately cats like it!!

+1 for cat food its as good as it gets

thanks chaps i might give the dog buscuits a try suppose i could chuck a hadfull down with the carcasses that im already putting out to get them used to it

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    Cat food pouches
    17p in tesco
    spread them thinly and use them one at a time

cheapest option, unfortunately cats like it!!
    +1

get a old paint bucket fill with what ever you gut rabbits deer cheep fish bits place where you want foxes to show up dont open for at least a week let it forment then about a week later hang bucket from tree like a pendulum pierce bucket bottom and run like blases bucket will now drip pungent smelling goo from bottom of bucket as the bucket swings eney droplets get spread in to the air and on to the grass brings foxes in from a long way off and lasts a long time has worked for me for years had up to 5foxes in one sitting using this method

Quote Originally Posted by wraith View Post
    get a old paint bucket fill with what ever you gut rabbits deer cheep fish bits place where you want foxes to show up dont open for at least a week let it forment then about a week later hang bucket from tree like a pendulum pierce bucket
    ....with a .22 round from distance!