Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what distance

what distance

what distance how close can i zero my 7mm rem mag normaly set 1in high 100yards can i zero closer and get the same results as 1in high at 100 thanks

Why not take a look at shooterscalculator.com where you will find all the information and calculations required to give you your Maximum Point Blank Range. You input your ammunition data and the size of target i.e. 4" diameter for deer and it tells you where to set your zero.

Quote Originally Posted by wraith View Post
    what distance how close can i zero my 7mm rem mag normaly set 1in high 100yards can i zero closer and get the same results as 1in high at 100 thanks
    Sometimes, I will start zeroing by shooting at a target at 50 yds. Once I am dead on at 50 yds, I expect to be about an inch high at 100 yds. I do however then check at 100 yds and again depending where I am, may shoot further out to check the drop at longer ranges is as expected.

Regards

JCS

just started using fixed 8 mag hence cant see holes in paper at 100yards hence how close can i zero so start 50 check 100 thanks

just started using fixed 8 mag hence cant see holes in paper at 100yards hence how close can i zero so start 50 check 100 thanks
    Odd, I don't have good eyesight and I shot with 243/260 Rem for about 10 years using 8 x 50 scopes and never had any problems seeing the bullet holes. If you want some sample targets to try, PM me an e-mail address.
    Regards
    JCS

Why not walk down range between strings?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim1 View Post
    That's the way I do it, and that way is usually better than chasing an error around the target by constantly adjusting the scope.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

The Hawke BRC program is quite good.
    It's free and easy to use and the predicted figures won't be far from the actual.

And yes before anyone piles in (again) and says get out there and shoot/learn....I know that...sure go ahead...but if it's a dark windy wet night...best with the pc and the program.

http://www.deben.com/brc.html#.UpjTHtJdW-k
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Bad practice to follow holes
    find a good target pattern that allows a constant POA and shoot a small group (number rather than size)
    review the group as a whole and revise the POI accordingly

I checked the zero on a .177 air rifle the other day. Almost dark but the target allowed perfect reticule alignment
    no chance at all of seeing holes through a 4x32 and it produced two perfect groups ..... One even surprised me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim1 View Post
    or take a friend and a mobile phone if too lazy to walk