Thread: Hind Stalking in Angus

Hind Stalking in Angus

Can anyone recommend an estate in Angus / south Aberdeenshire that will take a novice stalker out for hind stalking? I'd need to borrow an estate rifle at the moment.

Many thanks for any replies,

Feugh.

Guess things have changed since 1982 but FCS served me very well as my first stalk was in Glenisla with one of their Rangers.

K

You could try to contact Peter Keyser he is in that area, he usually just does Roe stalking but if he cant sort you out he may be able to point you in the right direction. Google his name and you should find him (he is primarily a photographer).

Try Glen Tanar or Invermark

Thanks for the leads, folks. I'll get on to google and see what I can sort out. Any other advice from anyone would be welcome.

I didn't know that the FCS provided guided stalking. I'll have to look into that.

Dalhousie Estates may be one to look at, good website and quite informative.

My first ever stalk was on the hinds at Glen Clova Estate about 25 years ago, great place. Glen Clova Hotel was good and if you stalk on a saturday and the climbers are staying they used to have a ceilidh ? and the craic was great, worth checking it out.
    ATB

Thanks again to everyone who replied. I think that I'm sorted for now. Fairacre, I've been to the bar at the Glen Clova Hotel a few times and it has always been fun.

One more question - what's the going rate for hind stalking, roughly? One website that I read said 300 per day plus VAT. Is that not a bit steep?

Quote Originally Posted by Feugh View Post
    Thanks again to everyone who replied. I think that I'm sorted for now. Fairacre, I've been to the bar at the Glen Clova Hotel a few times and it has always been fun.

One more question - what's the going rate for hind stalking, roughly? One website that I read said 300 per day plus VAT. Is that not a bit steep?

Average around 200 per day inc vat. Try west-coast if you don't mind travelling!