Thread: One action, different caliber barrels

One action, different caliber barrels

Hi all, I was wondering how you go about having say a sako quad with. .22 and 17 hmr barrels
    how does this get put on your ticket?

thanks

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by aaronbott View Post
    Hi all, I was wondering how you go about having say a sako quad with. .22 and 17 hmr barrels
    how does this get put on your ticket?

thanks

Aaron
    Two separate slots to acquire. May show as one rifle plus another barrel after purchase but you still have "two" rifles.
    Varies between Forces how they record on your FAC but one rifle and 5 barrels is "still" five rifles.
    Applies to all switch barrel rifles.

Stan

I originally applied and was granted a .17HMR bolt action and I bought a Sako Quad. About a year later I applied for a variation for a .22LR barrel, so on my FAC came back permission to acquire a .22LR barrel. I also wanted a .22LR semi-automatic to customise for target shooting which required a barrel change so on another variation requested a .22LR semi-automatic and a .22LR barrel, again just came back with permission to acquire a .22LR barrel. My FAC now has two slots each stating .22LR barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Virbius View Post
    I originally applied and was granted a .17HMR bolt action and I bought a Sako Quad. About a year later I applied for a variation for a .22LR barrel, so on my FAC came back permission to acquire a .22LR barrel. I also wanted a .22LR semi-automatic to customise for target shooting which required a barrel change so on another variation requested a .22LR semi-automatic and a .22LR barrel, again just came back with permission to acquire a .22LR barrel. My FAC now has two slots each stating .22LR barrel.
    Then all you have to do is point out to your FLD the confusion over you wanting to buy a second rifle yet change it.

It's easy to see where confusion can occur when your covering Letter didn't make things clear to a five year old

Stan

I got the second rifle, and two additional .22 barrels which was what I asked for.

Virbius,

Barrel or rifle, it's all the same as far as the process is concerned.

One stock with five barrels is still the same as five rifles.

You can easily do a 141 on a barrel to a rifle.

Stan

DERBYSHIRE ,,, Just received my FAC Back asked ,,,, for one 22 rf barrel +converion and one 223 barrel +converion Both came back as full rifle spaces
    plus any other lawful quarry added , to all conditions , nice one , ,, I Recon just barrel could be ok for QUAD RF,,rifle BUT not for center fire rifle because you need a barrel and a bolt, or a bolt head depending on which rifle and Calibre