Thread: Fixed power scope with ballistic ret or mil dots

Fixed power scope with ballistic ret or mil dots

Hi can anyone recommend a fixed power scope around 10-12 mag that has either a ballistic ret or mil dots. I've already got a fixed10x Leupold which I really like but want another similar scope with different aiming points to aid with shooting a different distances for bullet drop. I had a look at an MTC Mamba 10x with ballistic turrets and ballistic reticule but ideally I'm after something a bit better quality, say 300-400 second hand is fine. All the ones I've looked at have a standard duplex ret in fixed power (like the S&B 10x42) or ballistic/mil dots in variable power.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Meopta do a rangefinding reticle that has a series of short bars below the centre cross hair that can act as longer range sights. I use it on the 22 - zeroed at c 50m, first bar for c80 to 100m. Schmidt & bender do the 10x42 pm - part of their military / police range with what looks like ballistic turrets and mill dots.
    Last edited by Heym SR20; 28-11-2013 at 23:22.

Cheers, I didn't realise that S&B would do the 10x42 in PM spec. I'll have a look at the Meopta and see what I think of them.

How about an Edgar Brothers 10x42, I have a 24x44 target dot version and for the money the glass is very good ,a10x42 will be 200 max second hand
    cheers
    craig

sightron s3 do a fixed 10x very bright scope every thing your looking for ior do a tacktical 10x56 iluminated

Quote Originally Posted by wraith View Post
    sightron s3 do a fixed 10x very bright scope every thing your looking for ior do a tacktical 10x56 iluminated
    Really like the look of this and has good reviews too. Typical price hike from UK suppliers though, $577 (350ish) in the US or 577 in the UK. Looks like I'll have to find a friend who's going over there or look into postage although with VAT import duty I'm not sure if it'll be much cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    Really like the look of this and has good reviews too. Typical price hike from UK suppliers though, $577 (350ish) in the US or 577 in the UK. Looks like I'll have to find a friend who's going over there or look into postage although with VAT import duty I'm not sure if it'll be much cheaper.
    Buying online from the USA is, after import duty and P&P, typically still 25-30% cheaper than the UK retail price.
    However you may get issues if you ever have a warranty claim as you will have to post the item back to the USA at your expense, the UK retailers or UK importer/distributor will not honour it. Very childish indeed, but that is how it is. Rip-off Britain!
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

Vortex might do one

D

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    Buying online from the USA is, after import duty and P&P, typically still 25-30% cheaper than the UK retail price.
    However you may get issues if you ever have a warranty claim as you will have to post the item back to the USA at your expense, the UK retailers or UK importer/distributor will not honour it. Very childish indeed, but that is how it is. Rip-off Britain!
    Apart from the fact that anything with a Mil Dot/Tactical reticle can't be shipped out of the USA......

The price you are quoted/see by any USA retailer does not include sales tax.

With a 5.6% Duty plus shipping and then 20% VAT on top, plus the handling fee the agent charges, usually 20, you are not far off.

Stan