Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pig & Wild Boar Shooting licence query

Pig & Wild Boar Shooting licence query

Would I need to (legally) have a condition on my FAC stating that I can shoot pigs using solid slug or a .308 before I go out on a wild boar shooting day out?? or even to humane dispatch them??

Just about to do a FAC variation and was wondering what the script was regarding the legal shooting of pigs and boar on farmlands..

Here in Dumfries and Galloway boar are considered as vermin and any legal quarry with suitable ammo is ok on a open ticket.

Devon and Cornwall cover Boar under AOLQ.......

As I understand it.

If you dont have the AOLQ on your ticket, Boar must be specified on your licence and you must supply a permission letter from the owner/lease of the land you intend to shoot Boar over

+ one with morgy, lancashire insisted i provide a letter showing outings booked for wild boar before adding it to my ticket. Not got AOLQ on mine!!!
    Paul
    I wish I was half the hunter my dog thinks I am

I have boar plus aolq on one entry on my FAC. I would speak to your FLO.

Thanks dudes.
    I recently did a FAC variation with the noted tips from the above posts. My licensing dept were quite happy as they also regard wild boar & piggies as legal vermin, so no problems. As long as they are sighted on my lands I can legally shoot them, as long as the farmer gets his cut.. Game on..

Quote Originally Posted by sinbad View Post
    + one with morgy, lancashire insisted i provide a letter showing outings booked for wild boar before adding it to my ticket. Not got AOLQ on mine!!!
    Paul
    They said this to me too. I provide the letter, they open up the licence with AOLQ and boar wherever I have authority to shoot.

ive just got my variation back for a .30-06 which i intend to use on boar shooting in scotland and abroad , i was told i didnt need anything else added to my conditions on my ticket as boar are classed as vermin ....?
    LIVE AND LET LIVE! THERES ALWAYS ANOTHER DAY!

Depends on the wording of the slug condition but as they tend to be rather precise with slug conditions, I would imagine you will need to have wild boar added.

I've yet to see AOLQ or a generic vermin condition for slugs.