Trout recipe

IanLuc

Hi all went out last evening and managed to catch a couple of brown trout within 10 mins! now I am wondering what the best way to cook them is. Thanks in advance.

Hi all went out last evening and managed to catch a couple of brown trout within 10 mins! now I am wondering what the best way to cook them is. Thanks in advance.

I just clean them out wrap in tin foil with butter and salt and pepper any herbs in the stomach bake in the oven for 20/25mins

in tin foil or sealable ovenproof bag
troot
spring onions
tarrogan
tyme
salt pepper
white wine
knob of butter
seal and cook once on the plate squeeze of lemon ,atb wayne

True the season ends in October, but if they are there dead, might as well be eaten! I would go along with foil butter not overdone. Another one is coated in flour and pepper and pan fried with or without bacon again not over done.

Stuff the body cavity and herbs of choice, then wrap each trout in 6 sheets of newspaper (The Sun or the Times) to form a parcel, place in a roasting tray, totally saturate the paper with water, bake in the oven for about 40 mins for a 1 1/2lb trout, when you remove the paper the skin comes off with it, awesome!
Cheers
Richard

Oven baked as above. Living near the sea we like to include Samphire from the marsh in the cavity.
Sadly the Samphire season is too short.

Bang out order

At this time year good for smoking put them in the Bradley at 220 c for 45 min all depends on the size of the fish mate smashing:-|

I like to peel the skin back and go up and down each side like a corn cob right at the water...love the egg bags too!

Try seasoning them inside the body cavity and then, lie them directly on some glowing hot embers on a camp fire - don't use tin foil, you just lie the raw fish directly onto the coals. You will know when they are cooked as the blood veins inside the cavity will turn a dark blue clour. Obviously, turn the fish half way through cooking.
That's it, you can add a drop of lemon juice when they are on your plate .

In my oppinion this is the only way to cook a wild trout.

Kind regards, Olaf

Stuff the body cavity and herbs of choice, then wrap each trout in 6 sheets of newspaper (The Sun or the Times) to form a parcel, place in a roasting tray, totally saturate the paper with water, bake in the oven for about 40 mins for a 1 1/2lb trout, when you remove the paper the skin comes off with it, awesome!
Cheers
Richard
Finally got around to getting out of freezer today and cooked as you said and I must say it was bloody good so thanks for your recipe.
Heading back home to UK tomorrow so thought I had better use them before we leave. Not looking forward to the rain!!!

Back