Iphone 5S woes

NorthDorset

Just in case any of you are thinking about upgrading to the Iphone5S over Christmas can I warn you that where as previous Iphones would offer you a working call in an area with 1 to 2 bars of signal it appears that iPhone 5 will not.

So if you want to count on making contact while out deep in the cuds then I would think again about choice of handset.

I find this morning that my lovely new phone is no more than wonderfully sleek and elegant desk ornament. I had this warning from a friend with the same issues yesterday when I was on the way to get my upgrade! Having looked on line today it seems a very common issue.

Because the iPhone5 takes a Nano Sim card you cannot just simply pop it back into an Iphone4 to get out of trouble.

Hope this saves someone else the agro.

What network are you on? Is it 4G enabled? I've heard talk of the LTE/4G function interfering with the GSM reception.

I've got a 4s and a 5 both on Vodafone (no 4G) and haven't really noticed much difference between them.

Im on O2 Alex.

I have no 4G on my plan. Theres not much hope of that around here for a while. We have an EE trial handset here at the moment. Even in relatively heavily populated Shaftesbury thats only getting 3G.

With iphones Always go into mobile data settings if uou have no signal and turn 3G off when out of town and you will often suddenly get a couple of bars for voice calls.

The phone should always fall back to the 2g network if there is no 3G but the iPhone really doesn't like to!

Turn of 4G enabling in your settings

Odds on you won't be in a 4G area anyway

It was causing me problems with GSM & 3G signal until switched off

I have a 5S on Vodafone and find it holds signal better than any of my previous iPhones

Regards

Ed

Turn of 4G enabling in your settings

Odds on you won't be in a 4G area anyway

It was causing me problems with GSM & 3G signal until switched off

+1 this will be your issue look under 'settings' 'cellular' - give that a try

UK Guy

Back