RSPCA badger cull posters

mereside

Did anybody else recieve a letter today regarding the vaccinate/exterminate posters have to be removed as in part breached the advertising code

Yes I received mine also, I too was surprised by the small number of complaints I guess some people just talk a good talk..

119 complaints, poor show but at least the was a positive result.

Only 1 out of the 4 complaints were upheld, so they can do some minor rework to the poster...

However, with the cull being brought to an early end, will they now bother? Probably just reuse the existing poster with a strip banner across it with "We won!" covering the offending wording

As said, 119 is very poor, but at least we bothered and made a difference, however minor. I'll be doing it again...and again...and again...

Seems to me that the cull (with rifles) was just a token gesture to 'prove' that culling doesn't work, ..... and that gassing will!!!!

They will never let them gas badgers - the simple reason is you couldn't count the number of badgers killed. Wouldn't stand up to scientific scrutiny.

They will never let them gas badgers - the simple reason is you couldn't count the number of badgers killed. Wouldn't stand up to scientific scrutiny.

Absolutely correct Apache,

Gassing all would not be acceptably as no DNA could be taken for analysis as the animals would be inaccessible, shooting with rifles has accounted for the ones that could not be trapped.

Back