Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharpening kit

Sharpening kit

I have to say, of all the systems I've used, this seems to be the easiest to get and maintain a silly sharp edge.

I have three of these kits for sale here, I may have more strops soon but can't promise.

The kit consists of a Lansky fold a vee, a hard wood backed leather strop and a block of Starkie blue to strop the edge once you're done.

The kit is 35 plus post, the centre one with the bark in the centre from when it was a tree is heaviest, followed by the right hand one (both of which are Sycamore) and the left is ash and quite light.

These are done, ready and can be posted as soon as payment is received.

yes please pm me payment details

many Thanks Matt

I'll have one of the sycamore strops, please send details. deerwarden

Are these idiot-proof and usable by people with very limited skill, as described here?
    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...h-little-skill

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    Are these idiot-proof and usable by people with very limited skill, as described here?
    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...h-little-skill
    They should take you ten minutes to get. I can talk you though it on the phone.

The Lansky is set up to hold the knife vertically and the sides are angled to put on the edge. The use a similar angle (lay the lansky next to the strop) to polish it. Should come u a treat.

Sold one to a chap with a buck from this forum who emailed me a few days later to say he'd never had a knife so sharp.

I'm not sure how far 'idiot proof' goes. If you really need that there are bigger Lansky systems which clamp your knife at the correct angle for you.

Richard, you are playing these down - they ARE idiot proof. I've got one............

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Richard, you are playing these down - they ARE idiot proof. I've got one............
    OK, that seals it, I'll have one. Please PM me the details!

QUOTE=Pine Marten;692522]OK, that seals it, I'll have one. Please PM me the details![/QUOTE]

Best used in a shed with door locked!!

Have a beer for me on the 6th.

Cheers!

K