Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FTCH Sired GWP Pups

FTCH Sired GWP Pups

German Wirehair Pointer pups due on the 21st December 2013.

Guys my bitch is currently in pup and will be due on the above date . .she has recently been scanned
    by the vet and is carrying a good healthy litter.

She is used primarily as a deer dog and accompanies me stalking, this can be upwards of three times a week during the roe buck season. . . . Throughout the winter months she is well employed on the beating line and excels on walked up rough days. . . .Although we have not been involved in field trials or competition, she is very much a working dog in every sense.

She is a large, solid, strong bitch, but biddable and relatively easy going for a wire . . . she does however retain the 'sharpness' that GWP's are famed for. This is something that I have never discouraged as I view it as an asset when dealing with deer. . . .

She is also a Torvebeller; something I would love to take credit for teaching her, but the truth is , its a trait that she naturally exhibits and I have encouraged.

She is a well rounded bitch, people and dog friendly, and exhibits none of the aggressive traits that some GWP lines are known for.

This will be her first and only litter of pups prior to spaying and I will be keeping the largest boldest dog for myself.

The sire of the litter is FT CH Moorrunner Marksman (Quill).

Anyone with even a passing interest in HPR trials can't have failed to notice the success that Jackie Hay and Quill have had in recent years, Quill becoming Field Trial Champion at under 2 years old. Quill is an exceptional dog worked and trained by a remarkable handler.

I could bleat on all day about their achievements together but it would be easier to just click on the link and see for yourself. . . .

http://www.moorrunner.co.uk/quill.asp

Being my bitches only litter and knowing I was going to be keeping a pup for myself I was keen to get this right . . During my search I came across some excellent GWP's but one of the main problems I found was trying to find a sire with not only the right physical and proven working attributes, but a dog not closely related to my bitch . . . It is worthy of note that this pairings inbreeding coefficient percent is very low, exactly as I wanted.

As things stand four pups are already provisionally sold, however if you have a genuine interest in a GWP pup, and can guarantee a working home please drop me a Private Message to discuss further.

Regards,

Cadex.
    Last edited by Cadex; 02-12-2013 at 17:00. Reason: further info

I have had a lot of interest in this litter and have four pups provisionally
    sold.

Therefore until such time as the pups are born and I can be sure that
    they are fit and healthy and know exactly how many she has, I am taking no
    further bookings at this time.

If you have an interest in a pup please keep check on the thread and i will
    update as and when there are developments.

She is due to whelp on or around the 21st Dec, so keep check on or around that date.

Regards,

Cadex
    Last edited by Cadex; 02-12-2013 at 17:11.

Christmas day puppies!!! Ha ha, that could be great Christmas!
    Good luck with the litter.
    Sounds like you have put the effort in so far and for the right reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by scubadog View Post
    Christmas day puppies!!! Ha ha, that could be great Christmas!
    Good luck with the litter.
    Sounds like you have put the effort in so far and for the right reasons.
    Scuba, thanks, yes i'm hoping for a nice healthy litter, and looking forward to
    choosing my dog pup.

Xmas pups really wasn't ideal but due to commitments at work it really was
    the only time it was going to be possible... It should be fun and games, especially
    as i'm planning on keeping them in the house..i'm moving the Mrs into the kennel.
    Last edited by Cadex; 02-12-2013 at 22:21.

Had a litter of GWP's on 24th December 11 years ago...

Have you (your dog) had pups before Cadex? Do you have plans for a decent whelping box? If not it's very important to avoid the bitch squashing them into a corner. I made one years ago that's seen 3 litters of labs and one of GWP's and never lost a pup yet...

If you need ideas let me know...

Indeed a whelping box is ideal.
    Also keeps the pups in when mother needs a break!
    Just get her used to it being her bed for a while before the litter is due.

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    Had a litter of GWP's on 24th December 11 years ago...

Have you (your dog) had pups before Cadex? Do you have plans for a decent whelping box? If not it's very important to avoid the bitch squashing them into a corner. I made one years ago that's seen 3 litters of labs and one of GWP's and never lost a pup yet...

If you need ideas let me know...
    This will be the dogs first, and indeed last litter Jammy .. . .I may well take you up on that.

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    Exactly what I would be looking for. Unfortunately my new house/garden is not ready and it will be some time before it is completely dog safe....had the hounds from the local hunt find lots of exits out of the garden once they got in!! good luck with the litter!

Quick update ..
    Things are progressing nicely, the bitch is now the size of a house, I am
    expecting a substantial litter.

Don't go counting your pups before they're born, they could be big pups.

Al