Thread: Hind Stalking on the southern slopes of Loch Earn

Hind Stalking on the southern slopes of Loch Earn

Myself and a pal have just returned from two days hind stalking on an estate on the south side of Loch Earn. Great two days with magnificent views, great weather, company of a very knowledgeable stalker and loads of deer to watch and stalk.

Not normally into posting pictures of dead deer but thought this one was worth it because of the background.

Mulac

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glenample 30-11-2013.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	654.3 KB 
ID:	35296

Quote Originally Posted by Mulac View Post
    Myself and a pal have just returned from two days hind stalking on an estate on the south side of Loch Earn. Great two days with magnificent views, great weather, company of a very knowledgeable stalker and loads of deer to watch and stalk.

Not normally into posting pictures of dead deer but thought this one was worth it because of the background.

Mulac

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glenample 30-11-2013.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	654.3 KB 
ID:	35296
    What a great picture, I can remember when there were no trees ( or very few ) in the bottom of Glenample, and, from somewhere near to where the chap is glassing from, I`ve sat with a certain "Bogtrotter" off this site who was the stalker on Glenample at that time and watched fighter jets fly below us, and also shot a good few deer over the years

Great, great, brilliant, fantastic memories thank you for the reminder

Bob

What a view, it looks like you have to be half mountain goat,

Wow. I've got a sweat on from just looking at the picture! Something I must do whilst I still can (At least I think I still can!)
    Baguio

Three hinds were taken at that spot shooting up the hill from the edge of the forest. Quote of the day from the stalker was

'just concentrate on shooting the deer I will let you know if they are going to hit you!'

as one after the other they started tumbling down the hill towards us.

Mulac

I'm sure ive stalked very close to there . . . looks very familiar.
    What was the name of the estate?

Its Glenample.

Mulac

Wow bad memories for me chaps lol I spent my honeymoon in Clachan cottage hotel at side of the loch lol im divorced now lol !!!!
    Regards
    Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by bobg757 View Post
    What a great picture, I can remember when there were no trees ( or very few ) in the bottom of Glenample, and, from somewhere near to where the chap is glassing from, I`ve sat with a certain "Bogtrotter" off this site who was the stalker on Glenample at that time and watched fighter jets fly below us, and also shot a good few deer over the years

Great, great, brilliant, fantastic memories thank you for the reminder

Bob

Yip your correct. Loved it up there wi old boggy....

Nutty

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy milnes View Post
    Wow bad memories for me chaps lol I spent my honeymoon in Clachan cottage hotel at side of the loch lol im divorced now lol !!!!
    Regards
    Jimmy
    "Clachan Cottage Hotel" bloody hell we`ve had a few good nights in there over the years with Bogtrotter, played pool with Jim Kerr of Simple Minds fame, had a sneak round their recording studio up side of Loch Earn

What a beautiful place, great memories

Bob