Thread: Hello from Brighton

Hello from Brighton

Hello all,

Some of my favourite memories are that of my summer holidays while visiting my Grandfather in Germany where I first experienced the thrill of the hunt. Sadly, with increasing age he decided to give up his stalking rights and the hunting memories stopped.

Naive perhaps but until recently I did not think the UK had any deer hunting to offer as it was seldom ever spoken of, nor do you see the vast amount of deerstands as you do in mainland Europe.

Then onefateful day whilst attending the South of England show, I chatted to a few members of BACS and BDS and have since enrolled on the DS1 course which is in a weeks time.

Revision is proving much fun with the exception of trying to remember close seasons for the different countries in the UK...

One day I hope to experience the thrill once again! Computer games just aren't the same...

Looking forward to learning much from this forum!

Hiijinx

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hi mate, only 10 miles from you. Welcome to the forum
    .243 Weatherby Vanguard Synth /.223 BRNO CZ527 Synthetic
    .22LR CZ 455 Synth / 12G Stoeger 2000 / 12G U/O Bettinsoli
    12G Zoli SBS / .410 unknown Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Hiijinx View Post
    Hello all,

Some of my favourite memories are that of my summer holidays while visiting my Grandfather in Germany where I first experienced the thrill of the hunt. Sadly, with increasing age he decided to give up his stalking rights and the hunting memories stopped.

Naive perhaps but until recently I did not think the UK had any deer hunting to offer as it was seldom ever spoken of, nor do you see the vast amount of deerstands as you do in mainland Europe.

Then onefateful day whilst attending the South of England show, I chatted to a few members of BACS and BDS and have since enrolled on the DS1 course which is in a weeks time.

Revision is proving much fun with the exception of trying to remember close seasons for the different countries in the UK...

One day I hope to experience the thrill once again! Computer games just aren't the same...

Looking forward to learning much from this forum!

Hiijinx
    Also from brighton, so saying hi