Thread: Fox colour

Fox colour

Having seen many colour variations in our own UK Foxes, I was completely stunned when putting the scope dot on what I originally thought was Lynx, until the eyes focused correctly, a Yellow / Blond Fox ... I clocked the shocked stare from him & gave him a pass, as this hunt really like them left to control the mice & such, later on in the evening I think he was laid out right there with all the other stuff.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

small world spotted the same thing last week very blond fox in the dumbarton area have shot black ones before and mix black silver but this was a first for me if i shoot it il put picture up

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Having seen many colour variations in our own UK Foxes, I was completely stunned when putting the scope dot on what I originally thought was Lynx, until the eyes focused correctly, a Yellow / Blond Fox ... I clocked the shocked stare from him & gave him a pass, as this hunt really like them left to control the mice & such, later on in the evening I think he was laid out right there with all the other stuff.
    Not blond but one very black variation just over the boundary in the last 2weeks seen him twice so spoke to the keeper and the next time I see him over the boundary he better not wink at me

im reasonably certain that that ive seen a white fox i say this as i caught it out of the corner of my eye slip out of and then back into the hedge whilst out rabbiting at dusk and no amout of sqweaking would bring it back out so i cant be 100% sure would i have shot it if it had yes

shot a fox a few weeks ago it was a really gray colour, also seen a really dark/black fox..held off on the shot as wasnt sure it was a fox at first, soon as it starterd to run i was sure it was a fox..

we got a got big dog fox proving a little tricky the back end of it really dark grey/black looked through some pictures of foxes I shot last year and got one really similar,litter mates maybe?

They sure can be interesting creatures:

K