Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enfield Enforcer

Enfield Enforcer

What price would you have to pay for a very good condition one? Been offered one today and just looking into getting a variation just wondering if anyone has any idea on cost.

Quote Originally Posted by howy308 View Post
    What price would you have to pay for a very good condition one? Been offered one today and just looking into getting a variation just wondering if anyone has any idea on cost.
    Firstly your moving into very murky waters as there are lots of fakes and made up ones out there. Genuine Enforcers are sort after by collectors hence the faking by some looking to relieve the unwary of their hard earned.

The No4T, L42 and Enforcer all are subject to this. I know a few of the things to look for but it's only a few so I will suggest you find a reputable dealer or collector of these and ask them. Terry Abrhams and Sean Elliot are two that I know of but I cannot find their cards. Will look outside in daylight and see if they are in the mobile home.

Condition like with anything pays a huge part in the price and if it's all matching and has the correct Pecar scope fitted in the correct mount.

Enforcers are the civilian equiv of the military target rifle the L39, expect to pay in the region of 500 for a genuine shot out example

ENFORCER was originally police issue rifle,prices 800 and up
    ENVOY civilian target version

Quote Originally Posted by Andyblacksmith View Post
    Enforcers are the civilian equiv of the military target rifle the L39, expect to pay in the region of 500 for a genuine shot out example

Incorrect the Enforcer was the Police version of the L42.

The Envoy was the target version of the L39.

The Enforcer usually had the 4-10x45 Pecar scope fitted and if I recall correctly a monte carlo butt and not the std military one with "snipers cheek piece" screwed on top.

Thanks for the advice, the condition is excellent and is with a rfd pal of mine and is a genuine item checked over by a gunsmith who specializes in military arms. It was only taken in with other old firearms after a bereavement.

Thanks for the advice, the condition is excellent and is with a rfd pal of mine and is a genuine item checked over by a gunsmith who specializes in military arms. It was only taken in with other old firearms after a bereavement.

No disrespect but unless one is really up on these then there is a risk of being taken in. It started with the No 4T's but later spread to the L42 and Enforcer. Some scum bags even had stamps made up to replicate the markings on them. Luckily they didn't get them quite right.

I certainly would not buy one without finding out unless it was really dirt cheap.

Thanks for the advice,just getting into the old stuff.

Thanks for the advice,just getting into the old stuff.
    Ahhh well to some of us that's recent. Old is prior to WW2 or even WW1.

The Envoy, Enforcer, L39A1, and L42A1 were mechanically the same rifles, a No4 action fitted with a hammer forged, heavy free floating barrel, the L39A1 and the Envoy were target shooting versions fitted with parker hale iron sights, and the Envoy as it was aimed at the civilian market had a better standard of finish, the L42A1 was fitted with a military scope and iron sights supplied for emergency use, the Police Enforcer was fitted with a better quality stock and fore end and a Pecar scope, once again iron sights were supplied for emergency use. You have to bear in mind that these rifles were assembled in the late 60's and early 70's so in some cases are 40 years old, I myself had my 1969 Envoy re-barrelled last year after many thousands of rounds, a gentleman in north America was trying to compile a list of enforcer srl no's, try a Google search for enforcer, envoy etc. and you will find his site, a number of Enforcer's were destroyed by police force's rather then sell them to civilians
    Last edited by hangfire; 15-12-2013 at 22:48.