Gun cabinet

goldypurple

probably a bit of a daft question

Im putting in for my FAC shortly, i already have shotguns and a cabinet that is full.

if i bought another gun cabinet the same as the one i have for my shotguns, would this be ok or has it gotta be a certain type appart from being police approved.

Ammo safe im going to but one of those little safes from argos and mount to the wall.

Andy

If you can buy one with an internal safe, Cheap as the argos safe. He may ask you to keep the ammo in one and rifles in the other. I have a single unit with built in safe perfectly acceptable. You could put the bolt and ammo in the shotgun cabinet and rifle in the second. As long as they are secure aand separate.
Jim

Andy,
If you are getting one for rifles it needs to be different than a shotgun one, ie much deeper and longer to fit the scope/bipod/moderator etc. Otherwise you would only realistically fit one stalking rifle sideways in a 3-5 shotgun cabinet! They aren't normally generous on the width, so if you think you need a 3 rifle cabinet - get a 5! ;) I got a Brattensound extra deep with internal box form here recently:
http://www.thepigeonshooter.com/Products.asp?CategoryID=28
Nice chap to deal with and does cosmetic seconds much cheaper too!

The ones I have were made without regard to cutting the job to the quick, so good job you picked up on the size thing with the modern stuff! :lol: At least one of mine will accomodate even me!

goldypurple - given the amount of ammo you are hoping to buy/hold as per your other post, I would definitely go for a separate digital safe for the ammo. The little lockable top you get in a gun cabinet is not nearly big enough!

You will find that you'll have to spend about £80 on a good sized one though - of course it depends if you want to be able to easily access the right calibre and type of ammo, or if you're just piling it all in and sorting through it each time you take out or put in any boxes of rounds... :)

I got one of these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LARGE-DIGITAL...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item5ad5084711

Plenty of room for all my ammo needs.... :)

Oh, and the comments on gun cabinet size are good too - always get a bigger one than you think you'll need, partly for the extra rifles you'll want later, and partly because they never fit as many as they say!

Pippa

Pippa said:
Oh, and the comments on gun cabinet size are good too - always get a bigger one than you think you'll need, partly for the extra rifles you'll want later, and partly because they never fit as many as they say!

Pippa

I'll second that....mine is supposed to be big enough for 8 guns....struggling with the 3 S/Gs, one air rifle and one .22 rifle i have in it at the moment.....and i have another rifle coming this weekend and another space on my ticket. My S/Gs have to stand on their barrels ends instead of their butts so i can tuck a rifle behind them.

So make sure its big and deep.....a lot of cabinets are not deep enough for a rifle with scope on it!

Regards

jim

Back