ive put down

.22 hold 500 buy 250
    .223 hold 500 buy 250
    .243 expanding hold 250 buy 150
    .308 hold 500 buy 250
    .308 expanding hold 200 buy 100

so guys what ya reckon

Andy

Sounds reasonable enough... don't forget to specify expanding ammunition for the .243 and .308

I put 1000 of each down on my application on the advice of BASC

I'd change it a bit....

.22lr buy 1000 hold 1200. You're club shooting with it and if you get a 10/22 or similar even 1000 rounds don't always last for long.

.223, .243 and .308 buy 400 hold 500. If you want to reload your centrefire ammo you can usually only buy bullets by the hundred and you may want more than one kind hence the high number of buy and hold. Don't bother seperating expanding and non expanding and make it clear that a number of your total will be stored as components (expanding missiles count as a round) so from a security point of view you'll not have that many complete rounds that are usable to a potential thief.

Last of all whatever you do, make your purchase linits round off to the nearest 20. Almost all boxes of rifle cartridges are sold in 20s!

EDIT.. It looks like me and Si disagree over the expanding. In my area the police know that if you want to shoot Deer you legally need to have expanding, so you don't have to ask for it. I'm not having a dig at Si though, all forces are different!

thanks guys for the input all taken on board.

Forgot to say that all rifles will have moderators

And also if i decided to change the use of the rifle from target to vermin and the like would this be a variation?

as i dont have any permissions as yet.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by goldypurple
    thanks guys for the input all taken on board.

Forgot to say that all rifles will have moderators

And also if i decided to change the use of the rifle from target to vermin and the like would this be a variation?

as i dont have any permissions as yet.

Andy
    Don't forget to list the moderators on the FAC too.

As others have said, for any target rifle, go for bigger quantities. 1000 rounds in .22rf will last me about 3 months, and that's just for paper competitions and practice. If you also do reactive target and field shooting targets, you'll use a lot more.

Yes, it's a variation for moving from target to vermin control, unless it's already on your license.

Pippa

It looks reasonable to me but be prepared to justify why you need two stalking rifles. They will no doubt ask why you can't make do with just the .308 for both.

Alex

true forgot about that lol

id probably say because one is for smaller deer being the 243 and the 308 for larger deer and target shooting, hopefully it would be enough

Andy

I'd be tempted to spend the money you have put by for the .243 on scopes for the .223 and .308! Load the .308 with Hornady A-Max and you can shoot both targets and Deer in England. In Scotland the legal definition of the bullet is different and an A-Max isn't legal for Deer (at least that's my interpretation)

Hi Andy

as already said doesnt look unreasonable..

If your going to specify the 308 for stalking and target shooting

I asked for a specified amount of expanding then a specified amount for target..

Be lucky

Terry

Hello Andy

As it will be Norfolk that you will be appling to for your FAC it might be better to put ALLyour rifles down as club use, as if this is your first FAC they may not grant you an open ticket straight away.
    This is something you will have to take up with them.

I assume you have already joined a club

If you need to talk to someone at Norfolk FLD I would advise Jane Betts,
    she knows her stuff (most of the time)

ATB

Max