Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 1-for-1 variation timescale?

  1. #1

    1-for-1 variation timescale?

    Does anyone here have recent experience getting a variation with Police Scotland in Edinburgh (Lothian and Borders as was)?

    I've just been quoted 4-8 weeks for a 1-for-1 variation.

    This seems unreasonably long.

  2. #2
    I used to get them here in edinburgh within a good weeks time, but the last one, believe it or not, took almost 3 months!!! 'something' happened at Fettes!!! redundancies???

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    I used to get them here in edinburgh within a good weeks time, but the last one, believe it or not, took almost 3 months!!! 'something' happened at Fettes!!! redundancies???
    Good god! And that was just a 1-for-1??

  4. #4
    yep, they did say that 2 of the weeks were spent trying to figure out why I had asked for 'boar' permissions to be included in the conditions,,since there are no boar in scotland!!!

    oh deer...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    yep, they did say that 2 of the weeks were spent trying to figure out why I had asked for 'boar' permissions to be included in the conditions,,since there are no boar in scotland!!!

    oh deer...
    I weep. Have Whitefield et al retired then?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    Does anyone here have recent experience getting a variation with Police Scotland in Edinburgh (Lothian and Borders as was)?

    I've just been quoted 4-8 weeks for a 1-for-1 variation.

    This seems unreasonably long.
    I had a 243 and swapped for a 6.5,I had it within a couple of weeks.I know that at Fettes they went from nine staff to six.
    I you have John Whitefield he is based at Balerno,may be delay with internal post !!!
    Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible c@#t, me.

Similar Threads

  1. FAC timescale???
    By mickp in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-05-2013, 19:37
  2. What is fair timescale for renewal of fac?
    By biffo in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-01-2013, 21:02
  3. lincolnshire variation timescale
    By marky123 in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 25-07-2012, 08:15
  4. Sent off my variation
    By groach1234 in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29-06-2010, 21:03
  5. One for one variation
    By musty in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 29-06-2010, 17:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •