Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Min cal for boar Croatia

Min cal for boar Croatia

Can anybody please tell me if there is a min cal for driven boar in Croatia, I'm stuck between my 270wsm Nosler or 6.5x55 blaser?

Both on my euro license.

Either would do it, but with boar there's no point skimping on gun if you've got the choice go for whichever has the greater knockdown IMO

Given my limited experiences in Croatia, the boar are big and aggressive.

I would buy at 30.06 barrel for that Blaser.

I don't remember the legal requirements, but practically, the 270 and the 6.5 can no doubt be used. However, I would really want a 30 cal.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

One of the main guiding company's advice would seem to differ with a couple of the opinions above, they quote a minimum of 7mm and 160grain bullets for use on boar in Croatia
    http://www.lasarotta.co.uk/regulations.php they have a pdf ammunition guide for the various species on offer in Croatia.
    I've seen .270win stop many a boar, but maybe best not to push your luck just in case you run into a fussy cop at the airport or out on the hunting ground.
    Get in touch with a guiding company and check that one of your choices is actually legal rather than take the risk, that would be the way I'd go about it.
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

I have used a 6.5x55 round in Croatia on boar and found they knocked em over just fine. I think the round is very important however, I was using Bear claw. For running game the bigger rounds do have more margin in them though.

Thanks for the heads up. On the plane tomorrow so decision made on 270 wsm with Winchester gxp3 large heavy game

Excellent stuff and good luck. I shot my first boar over the weekend with a 9.3x62. Buy one, every home should have one

Best of luck, let us all know how you fare.
    Who are you using as an agent - assuming you're using an agent of course?

Well done young scrumbag!
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

I know a chap who has been to Croatia a couple of times with a Marlin lever action in .45-70. The first time the locals took the rise out of him to start with but he soon put a stop to that when he knocked over one or two of their pigs with it...

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Basher View Post
    I know a chap who has been to Croatia a couple of times with a Marlin lever action in .45-70. The first time the locals took the rise out of him to start with but he soon put a stop to that when he knocked over one or two of their pigs with it...
    I've taken my 18" barrelled Marlin 1895 SBL to Croatia a couple of times and had the "John Wayne" and "bank robber" jokes from the locals. All part of the banter!