Thread: Start them young

Start them young

On a recent Elk hunt in Norway I heard a distant shot and It soon came over the radio that a young bull had been shot on the other side of the area we where hunting, by the time I returned to base the elk had been recoverd and the job of skinning it had already begun

This was the scene that met me, I happen to be a skilled slaughterman and have taught many to skin , but have to admit it was a little strange handing out tips to an eight year old girl

Great stuff.......as long as they're not doing any shooting, as pointed out!!!

Why dose Norwegian law prohibit the use of firearms by minors, I think it's great they take part from an early age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupar View Post
    Great stuff.......as long as they're not doing any shooting, as pointed out!!!
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

I actually agree!! However some others on here don't seem to!

Fantastic far more educational than a trip to the burger or chicken outlets. Gives them an appreciation of what food is.

In fact most of Europe seem to have a better understanding than this Island.

That's exactly what my kids look like when I'm killing sheep for the freezer. Agreed it's a fantastic education for them. No misconceptions over where food comes from, and a sensible attitude to killing animals for meat.

Nice one Nell, always great to see the young ones getting involved so early.

How did you get on in Norway, did you get anything yourself ?
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

That's great to see, my boys (5 yo) will be out in the garage with me tnite skinning a munty for sure. They love getting involved and already know meat doesn't just come from Tesco!!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Quote Originally Posted by Jonher View Post
    Nice one Nell, always great to see the young ones getting involved so early.

How did you get on in Norway, did you get anything yourself ?
    Hi Jonher, I really enjoyed the hunt this year, I never got a shot,but had a couple of elk well within range just not in quota, we shot 7 as a team,as you know the weather was awesome , like most hunts with the right company it was just great to be out.. Did you have any luck?????
    Hilsen

Quote Originally Posted by nell View Post
    Hi Jonher, I really enjoyed the hunt this year, I never got a shot,but had a couple of elk well within range just not in quota, we shot 7 as a team,as you know the weather was awesome , like most hunts with the right company it was just great to be out.. Did you have any luck?????
    Hilsen
    Hi nell,

Our hunt was a disaster this year, we only took 4 animals from our quota of 13 but I managed to get a nice cow moose.

We have got some wolves in the terrain now and this is stopping the dogs from being able to bay the moose, instead the moose were just running scared for km's into other terrains.

Hopefully things will improve for next year.

Hilsen.
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here