Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MTC Viper scope on a Remy 700 in .223

MTC Viper scope on a Remy 700 in .223

Hello Guys

bit of advise required for a mate of mine he's got a spare MTC Viper scope knocking around and he's about to buy a Remy 700 Varmint in .223 for 200 yard plinking and a bit of fox work, he asked me yesterday if the remy 700 would shake the Viper to bits with the recoil, my remy in .223 is very civilised to shoot and I've popped a nikko sterling on mine and is accurate as hell

comments would be most welcome

lee

SD Regular
    MTC claim their scopes are capable of centre fire recoil - and I believe warrant them too, so I'd crack on with it
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

my shooting partner uses one on a tikka t3 light in 270call still going strong

I had one on my savage bvss a 4x16 viper for 2 years and never had a problem with it being shook up by recoil I couldn't afford anything else at the time and it served me well for the time I had it I shot much vermin with it and the tracking was reliable they get a bit milky in low light and can suffer whiteout at times in the lamp but for the money I was happy with mine and would use one again

thanks guys for your advise i'll pass the messages onto my mate

we wasn't sure it would be able to take the recoil

regards

Lee

very underated scope ,great lamping scope got one on my sako 17hmr and have had it on my 30/06 for some target work no problem.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    would not have any mtc scope on a home made wooden crossbow nevermind a rifle,

expensive crud seen better glass from the top of an upturned dirty pint glass in a pub

just my opinion,

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    would not have any mtc scope on a home made wooden crossbow nevermind a rifle,

expensive crud seen better glass from the top of an upturned dirty pint glass in a pub

just my opinion,

bob.

Now................Now bob let's not sugar coat it. Tell us how you really feel .

+ 1 for bob

One of my mates had one on his Tikka 223, and it fell apart,and he put it where it belonged,in the bin

Not used a viper but I have 2 taipans 1 on a t3 223 and 1 on a 6.5x55 t3 they both track very well and are great bang for buck.