Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Z-Aim Pro sling - help!

Z-Aim Pro sling - help!

While sufficiently bright to stumble through life, I am obviously not intelligent enough to work out how to fit/use the Z-Aim Pro sling which I have just bought for myself as a pre-Christmas stocking filler. The website has pictures but they do not make it clear at all.
    1. The side-strap that needs securing around the pistol grip of the rifle requires the entire sling to be fed through the (narrow) loop on the end of the side-strap which is only just possible, surely this is not the intention...?
    2. The sling comes supplied with a smaller (approx. 25cm) loose strap - where does it go and what is its function?

Thank you to anybody who can enlighten me!
    Last edited by Erik Hamburger; 03-12-2013 at 13:33.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

This pic may help http://z-aim.com/visa_produkt.asp?t=...&id=77&lang=en

The strap with the loop does go around the grip, if you've disconnected the quick buckle it should be easy enough.

In this PDF http://z-aim.com/produktfiler/Montering.pdf you can see the function of the extra bit. Use it with the grip loop for a game carrier. In reality I leave mine at home, it's never been out !

Make the loop first over your fingers then thread over the butt...this may help http://z-aim.com/produktfiler/Montering.pdf

Erik

As noted above - so long as you have disconnected the 'chest sling' at the clip joint rather than the rotating joint, it shouldnt be a major problem to feed the chest sling length through the loop piece. It can be done as noted above, but that does require removing the sling. Most things on a Z Aim take far longer to describe than do!

The short loop piece you mention is a game carrier. It joins onto the chest piece to give you a web strap with loops at each end - which will grip round the front and back legs of a roe and allow it to be carried 'bag' fashion. To be homest, I've yet to find anyone who has used it as such, but that's what it is.

We've a video on the slings that will go upon on a forthcoming Youtube channel - but can e mail pics if you need them.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Do you guys who use them find them significantly more comfortable / practical than a 'normal' single sling?

Yes a lot more comfortable than a normal everyday sling. Can't beat em my eyes!!!

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

looks good but what is the part connected to the front stud under the forend ! or is this a type of bi-pod ? As this bit seams to be in every add as above.

Quote Originally Posted by jackfish View Post
    Yes a lot more comfortable than a normal everyday sling. Can't beat em my eyes!!!

Eric, I was using one when we went out last time with stu, let me know if you need a demo pal!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Ov View Post
    Do you guys who use them find them significantly more comfortable / practical than a 'normal' single sling?
    Absolutely.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Paul'o - havent looked at the links, but likely they show the Z Aim rifle rest. Its a completely separate product from the sling - which attaches in the normal way via swivels.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017