Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scope valuation please

scope valuation please

Looking for a realistic valuation for a meopta 7x50 (1" tube) with meopta range finding type reticle.
    Dont want silly prices that it would never achieve and I would be in no rush to sell it so no stupidly low valuations either.
    It is on a rifle I am looking at and if the scope was to make the right price it would make the rifle affordable. I have looked on e bay etc but prices vary a lot. This one has a few small marks on the tube but glass is perfect. also has butler creek flip ups.

All help greatly appreciated.

Edd

stratts paid in july

Q {Meopta 7x50 Artemis 1" tube with 4B reticle

Hi guys I'd like another Meopta 7x50 to sit on top of my .308 if you have one in good condition with no crimp marks or scratches on the lenses? Not fussed about a few marks on the scope itself as long as the price reflects overall condition.

As a guide I just bought 2 good condition scopes for 175 and 180 respectively and have the same amount of cash sitting here waiting for the right deal,

Cheers

Stratts

I think I got 195 for mine when I sold it earlier in the yea, which was 15 less than I paid for the 7x50 2100 I bought to replace it!

Novice

Thanks guys. Need it to be worth 200 or very close to, to make the gun affordable.
    Cheers
    Edd

When I was looking around the prices did vary but I think even with the covers I think you'd be lucky to get 200 quid mate. The one I got for 175 was mint and still has 4 years warranty left which is transferable. If you get the serial number and email John (Marchwood) info@marchwooduk.co.uk he will tell you the exact type, age and warranty left on it. The after sales service is very good with these guys even when you buy 2nd hand,

Cheers

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Quote Originally Posted by eddoakley View Post
    Thanks guys. Need it to be worth 200 or very close to, to make the gun affordable.
    Cheers
    Edd
    All I can say is good luck with that.

In today's current financial climate you will need all the luck you can find on this.

Cracking scopes but the prices have dropped off on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    All I can say is good luck with that.

In today's current financial climate you will need all the luck you can find on this.

Cracking scopes but the prices have dropped off on them.
    Not a million miles away really.. a few people saying 175.I could live with that. Just to decide if I want the gun now. Dont NEED it at all but maybe just WANT it enough

Edd

You gotta satisfy the wants in life too.............. I'm getting ready to spend a bunch of money on a gun that I don't need either.. You gotta pay yourself for the time you spend paying the bills.....

Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    You gotta satisfy the wants in life too.............. I'm getting ready to spend a bunch of money on a gun that I don't need either.. You gotta pay yourself for the time you spend paying the bills.....
    I like that statement I just hope the Mrs will understand next time I use it!! Although she's been doing it for years!!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory