Thread: london practical shooting club

london practical shooting club

If anybody fancies a days shooting in our club at bisley I should be able to make the arrangements,the days fee is 12 I think, non member have to be supervised, the guest day was a while back now, if you like it fees for the year are around 100 which includes 6 range day tokens, once you have used them you pay 12 per day.

Hi Swaro.

That's a very kind offer. I might be interested in a go, what are the requirements in terms of kit etc. ?

I too would be very interested in your kind offer, will keep an eye on the thread

what type of practical shooting do you do feller.

edit:
    doh just looked it up. Practical Rifle -PSG / HPR etc next to running deer ranges . be nice to see and try my hand at it again .And as an old school USPSA/UKPSA Pistol Shooter and RO ,IROA instructor it will bring back a grin might even see some old dam old faces lol

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    If anybody fancies a days shooting in our club at bisley I should be able to make the arrangements,the days fee is 12 I think, non member have to be supervised, the guest day was a while back now, if you like it fees for the year are around 100 which includes 6 range day tokens, once you have used them you pay 12 per day.
    Last edited by paul o'; 03-12-2013 at 20:06. Reason: !

I have shot with LPSC before back before children when I had spare cash and a broken AR15, sorry that should read manually operated AR15.

Great bunch, very welcoming and lots of interesting kit on show too.

Also shooting on ETR's is a great laugh!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

We do 200 and 300yd mcqueens, its a castle with windows which a handheld target is put up 10 times in these windows only for 3 seconds then taken down,it is a 10 shot comp that lasts about 45 seconds, the vbull is one inch, incidently some had 7 sunday,2 a's and a b, best ive had is 5 v's and 5 a's at 200yds, this was at 300yds ,then there is the target of oppertunity,300yds and 600yds, there is 2 fig 11 targets that you have to put 2 shots on each inbetween putting 6 shots on 6 handheld targets that can appear either side of the fig 11s, we have done It 5 of your best shoulder and 5 shots off your worst shoulder lol, then we have the 1000yd snaps which is explained in a thread i wrote in general discussions called bisley, its great fun, sometimes you can get to have 2 goes at 1000yds,200 and 300yds sometimes 3 or 4 goes if you want to depending on how many turn up, depending on your eyesight 16 mag scope up to see marking discs at 1000yds, really a heavy barrelled rifle,target ammo, you can buy is men army surplus off certain members of the club, its 308 stuff,147 grainers i think, you need a bipod.will be plenty of members who are helpful and who will spot for you and run through formats.its a great day, i was hooked after one visit, they also do gallery shooting,22lr out to 50yds, there is so many events at longmoor and stoney castle which is etr shoot, ive not been to them shoots as yet, hope this explains things a bit more, atb swaro
    Last edited by swarovski; 03-12-2013 at 23:58.

More info,most club days are on sundays, usually twice a month, there is club rifles,308 remys with armalon barrels on which I have on mine and most members do too, really really well made very accurate barrels.

Def. interested. LPSC has been on my must-do list for a while. What dates are you shooting in Jan?

Quote Originally Posted by Toxster View Post
    Def. interested. LPSC has been on my must-do list for a while. What dates are you shooting in Jan?
    I thought we'd discussed the other day in the car how, if you're not careful, you end up thinking this sort of thing is normal...

No fixtures for next year as yet, the last bisley of the year is sunday 15th, am its gallery at melvile 10 to 50 metres and 300yds mcqueens and targets of oppertunity pm, I mainly only do the 1000yd days, I can shoot 300yds anywhere, was no 600yd days this year which was really missed.
    Last edited by swarovski; 04-12-2013 at 18:07.