Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Sussex.

Thank you Sussex.

Just a quick thank you to Sussex firearms dept.

I sent in my application for a variation less than a week ago, FEO came round within 2 days to clear up some outstanding questions on my firearms records.

Well b####r me! New certificate through the door this morning complete.

So all I have to say really is thanks you so much Sussex, for an exemplary service.

To be quite honest, I would happily pay a sensible fee, so that they can make it cost effective for themselves, if the service would always remain as streamlined as my latest experience has been.

one happy chappy,!

They have some completely bonkers (and unlawful) policies but have sped up the service massively recently. Credit where it's due.
    .243 Weatherby Vanguard Synth /.223 BRNO CZ527 Synthetic
    .22LR CZ 455 Synth / 12G Stoeger 2000 / 12G U/O Bettinsoli
    12G Zoli SBS / .410 unknown Italian

To be fair.

There conditions have to my mind been simplified and I have found all the people I have dealt with

to be in the real world, so long as I had good reason and explained my reasoning then no problems.

in fact my new ticket has come back, and they no longer restrict the amount of ammo to be purchased, so long as you don't exceed your hold limit.

Do they still say .243 is too much for foxes
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Nope.

My ticket is for deer and any lawfull quarry with the appropriate caliber.

very sensible conditions in my opinion.

Well done sussex.

Then, indeed, well done Sussex.

I always found it strange that they would allow my .223 firing 73gn Bergers for fox but not my .243 firing 55gn Blitz Kings.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by long_range_rob View Post
    Then, indeed, well done Sussex.

I always found it strange that they would allow my .223 firing 73gn Bergers for fox but not my .243 firing 55gn Blitz Kings.
    When I first got my FAC my .243 was for fox and AOLQ. Seems they are getting better and cleared the backlog to reduce waiting times. I've had no problems with Sussex.

My recent dealings with Sussex made me want to cry with frustration!

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    My recent dealings with Sussex made me want to cry with frustration!
    Now that's the Sussex we know and love!

Quote Originally Posted by long_range_rob View Post
    Now that's the Sussex we know and love!
    My .243 was unconditioned for fox but conditioned for a high seat on deer. It took me 2 years to get that changed! Now I'm sure that it is obvious to everyone that .243 at fox is FAR safer than .243 fired at deer.
    .243 Weatherby Vanguard Synth /.223 BRNO CZ527 Synthetic
    .22LR CZ 455 Synth / 12G Stoeger 2000 / 12G U/O Bettinsoli
    12G Zoli SBS / .410 unknown Italian