Dear Santa

Klenchblaize

With one or two exceptions I've been a good SD member this year so crave your indulgence with my far from extravagant but specific stocking list:

1. PRS 6mm PPC on a BAT action with exhibition grade walnut thumbhole stock shot through with vert dye.
2. Set of Conetrol mounts and 30mm projectionless Custom grade rings.
3. New model Leica range finder binos having first been sent to Hydrographics for coating in preferred camo pattern. (I have an intense dislike of black in-the-field equipment.)
4. Bespoke tweed stalking jacket and matching six-pocket cargos as per attached patterns and swatch. (Don't forget the hood must be integral and the elbows and knees triple lined with quilt-like stitching.)
5. Alan Wood interpretation of the classic Loveless drop point in plain ss and with scales as per my supply. (Don't worry about a sheaf as I know he's rather busy.)
6. Twenty-two tubs of Varget rifle powder.
7. A signed copy of the Richard Prior photograph depicting the great man with freshly slain roe and .22 Hornet in hand. (Minimum print size 10X8.)
8. XL Carhartt Union Suit with evacuation flap.
9. One very large Père David antler for stick making.
10. Barrel of Adnams Broadside.

Thank you.

Klenchblaize
Ps: Happy if you wish to drop off the Varget by the back door rather than via chimney as I'm sure your site-specific Risk Assessment will suggest.

Oooh, ok then. Drop me a PM with a letter from Mummy and Daddy saying that you've been a good boy and I'll see what I can fit on the sledge. I will have to drop the Barrel of Adnams though because as you believe in Santa you must still be quite small.

Walk on Rudolph, walk on.

Santa

I think that's a sensible enough thing to do at this time of year. Given that in my case, none of the various Mrs Christmases are going to give me anything fieldsports-related because they're either clueless on the topic, actively disapproving or broke, it has to be worth asking Father Christmas directly. So here goes.

Dear Father Christmas,
I think I've been a good Pine Marten this year, what with organising Christmas drinks for London SD members, almost entirely forsaking fieldsports in order to look after the Young Pine Marten, and in fact having a net-positive contribution to Kentish wildlife. More specifically, last time I was in the woods, I saw no game at all, but I did fix the doormouse nesting boxes that had been blown off the trees in a storm, and then arranged to have the fly-tipping removed. If that qualifies, then could you please drop a selection of the following unde my Christmas tree, although appreciate that some of these are rather intangible in nature:
_ Some stalking opportunities and time in which to pursue them. The extra freezer that I bought for breast milk is now empty and available for venison storage.
_ Could you please set up my scope for me on my CZ 452 as Toxster and myself made a right pig's ear of it the other day, I have to start again, but I don't know when I'll have the time. There should be plenty of spaces in the Arctic where you can plink away without inconveniencing anyone, although I suppose it's quite dark there at the moment.
_ This one is pushing my luck quite a bit: Could I please have a Merkel K96 drilling in 12/76 and 7x65R with steel-proofed shotgun barrels, swing-off scope mounts, something like a 2-8x42 scope on top, appropriate FAC variations, and something like 100 acres of primarily deciduous woodland, grass clearings and rides, and muddy bits for snipe in which to use it. Ideally within easy reach of West London. On the train.

Thanks very much, and merry Christmas!

I have been good as well, and all I would like a christmas free zone all around me for the duration of the (so called) festive season :oops:

Neil. :)

I think that's a sensible enough thing to do at this time of year. Given that in my case, none of the various Mrs Christmases are going to give me anything fieldsports-related because they're either clueless on the topic, actively disapproving or broke, it has to be worth asking Father Christmas directly. So here goes.

Dear Father Christmas,
I think I've been a good Pine Marten this year, what with organising Christmas drinks for London SD members, almost entirely forsaking fieldsports in order to look after the Young Pine Marten, and in fact having a net-positive contribution to Kentish wildlife. More specifically, last time I was in the woods, I saw no game at all, but I did fix the doormouse nesting boxes that had been blown off the trees in a storm, and then arranged to have the fly-tipping removed. If that qualifies, then could you please drop a selection of the following unde my Christmas tree, although appreciate that some of these are rather intangible in nature:
_ Some stalking opportunities and time in which to pursue them. The extra freezer that I bought for breast milk is now empty and available for venison storage.
_ Could you please set up my scope for me on my CZ 452 as Toxster and myself made a right pig's ear of it the other day, I have to start again, but I don't know when I'll have the time. There should be plenty of spaces in the Arctic where you can plink away without inconveniencing anyone, although I suppose it's quite dark there at the moment.
_ This one is pushing my luck quite a bit: Could I please have a Merkel K96 drilling in 12/76 and 7x65R with steel-proofed shotgun barrels, swing-off scope mounts, something like a 2-8x42 scope on top, appropriate FAC variations, and something like 100 acres of primarily deciduous woodland, grass clearings and rides, and muddy bits for snipe in which to use it. Ideally within easy reach of West London. On the train.

Thanks very much, and merry Christmas!

Re the scope setup have Santa swing by Texas and pickup what you should have started off with. Its the only way to Conetrol such things!

Merry Crimble

K

Back