.260 remington loads

we use Vit 160 in our 260 AI with a 123gr bullet,cant really give you the load seeing its an AI but if you look on Vits website it will give you some figures

I've had success this summer with N160 and 123 gr A-Max in competition, and recently had some success with N165 and 140 A-Max on a training day with Bradley Bourner. I've had some chrono issues, but this load seemed to be about the 2725 fps mark and hopefully I will get a chance to verify this over the holidays.

I've also used RL-19 and H4350. I use 129gr SP with N165, but probably should revisit this load and try N160. I've a plan to try H4831SC with 140 A-Max again. I've also a plan to try some 123 gr Scenars.

Given my 260 Rem is custom throated for me, and has a Wyatt's Extended Box Magazine, I'm not sharing actual powder charges. I'm currently using Nosler (mostly) and Lapua brass. The rifle spec is in my Gallery.

Regards

JCS

Last edited:
What velocity are you getting with 260ai, I asked the audience on ukv which is best way to go with 6.5s and it seemed that 260ai was pointless, is this the case see it

the audience on ukv which is best way to go with 6.5s and it seemed that 260ai was pointless,

The comment was that 9 out of 10 people don't use the full case capacity of the .260, therefore no point in an AI.
However I must be one of the 10% as my AI is built on a long action (ex 6.5 55) so combined with the free bore on the reamer used and the long mag length I'm able to seat the bullets with a minimum loss case capacity.
I'm already shooting 139's at 2860fps fireforming so should be able to make the 2900-2950 with easy with the formed brass.
I'm looking forward to getting the AI out to 1000yds....

Why is it then people are not loading it to its full potential :-|, i like running my rifles at full potential

Last edited:
Yes ive read that a couple of times,found it odd when baldie commented against the ai.that terry bloke had his a 1 in 8.5 twist,why 1 in 8.5, why not 1 in 8, there is alot of stuff I dont understand

Last edited:
There's sometimes slight differences in barrel twist's, what's sold as a 1:8 may be slightly faster or slightly slower.

Back