Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Over selling sydicate places

Over selling sydicate places

Hope you have not been down this road!
    I seem to have done it again.
    I joined sydicate four years ago and it was found there were 18 members instead of the eight I was told when I joined.
    Lost my money as it was closed down and investigated by firearms and land owns.
    Chap lost his fac but was not fined and banned from all forms of shooting as I understand.

I now think I am in the same situation.
    Has anyone else had this happen and if possible where??? please be discrete! pm me with delicate tales.
    I intend to take this other chap to court and have very good friend who is lawyer who is very happy to fight my end for me if it comes to court.
    I feel that these chaps who over sell places in syndicate can do so without any comeback.
    Your thoughts on this and any experiences you may have would be most interesting.
    Again please pm me with your "bad" tales and do not mention names on this forum please.

From what you often hear it's not just over selling of places on syndicates you her about, but the selling of places on ground that holds sod all weight of deer!!!!

"From what you often hear it's not just over selling of places on syndicates you hear about, but the selling of places on ground that holds sod all weight of deer!!!! "

That's happened to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    "From what you often hear it's not just over selling of places on syndicates you hear about, but the selling of places on ground that holds sod all weight of deer!!!! "

That's happened to me!
    Honestly, some of the stories I've heard over the last few years from guys I trust makes the blood boil, an I'm not even the aggrieved party!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vulpinehunter View Post
    Hope you have not been down this road!
    I seem to have done it again.
    I joined sydicate four years ago and it was found there were 18 members instead of the eight I was told when I joined.
    Lost my money as it was closed down and investigated by firearms and land owns.
    Chap lost his fac but was not fined and banned from all forms of shooting as I understand.

I now think I am in the same situation.
    Has anyone else had this happen and if possible where??? please be discrete! pm me with delicate tales.
    I intend to take this other chap to court and have very good friend who is lawyer who is very happy to fight my end for me if it comes to court.
    I feel that these chaps who over sell places in syndicate can do so without any comeback.
    Your thoughts on this and any experiences you may have would be most interesting.
    Again please pm me with your "bad" tales and do not mention names on this forum please.

I may have been one of the 18 and also nearly lost my money, although after a little
    persuasion I received a full refund ... I would be interested to hear if this was
    the same ground ..

Ground to shoot on is at a serious premium at the moment, and note I say shoot not even stalk . . .the last few leases I have tendered for I have been blown completely out of the water with crazy bids. . .there is no end in sight either.

I'm not suggesting for a moment that my syndicates are bursting full of deer, however they are completely transparent and all memebers are given each others contact details . . . .If a lease holder refuses to do this I would be asking why?
    Last edited by Cadex; 06-12-2013 at 00:20.

vulpine hunter it is a buyer beware market but 8 posts is i feel a bit early for anyone to start giving you sensitive details.

I nearly went into one the start of last year which was a private ground and started to ask questions it turned out there was more on the ground than i was told about so i backed out somebody else took a spot and there has not been deer seen and at a grand its alot for me to lose in a year I hope you get sorted,wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

A few years ago I tried to get the stalking on some ground near me, that the large commercial shoot I loaded and picked up for took the occasional guest out on for roe. They were packing it in and it was the shoot manager who suggested I approach the owners. For whatever reason they ended up giving the ground to a guy who in return was meant to provide them with 2 or 3 days driven pheasants. He put a syndicate on the ground. Two brothers I knew joined. One of them told me their first days briefing included instruction to shoot any roe deer that came through the line of guns!!!!!! He then discovered while having a beer in his local, a guy he knew who also shot had joined a new syndicate so the conversation turned to where they both shot. Transpired they were on the same ground but in different syndicates!!!! The estate owners shot single figure bags on their days despite it supposedly being 100 bird days. This joker also had the use of the estate 4x4 and quad. Last I heard was that the estate owners and several syndicate members were going through lawyers to recover money.

They're out there!!!!!

That was my experience at the first syndicate I joined. A lot of money down the pan. I now have learned the hard way and thankfully found someone decent and transparent to offer me a syndicate place.

The moral of the story? Ask, visit, look and learn before you pay...

I would never join a syndicate full stop .stalking would have to be with with bezzy mates or I wouldn't entertain it ,I just know it wouldn't be for me even if I was desperate .far too many horror stories now .
    norma