Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jelen Email Information Community

Jelen Email Information Community

Hi everyone,

thank you to all who have recently joined our Email Information Community (EIC). However, some of you have indicated that you haven't been receiving them.

In case any of you have missed out recently, I have posted a selection of the articles on the archive page.

If you want to view them or see what you've been missing by not being a member of our EIC, then please click on the link below:

To view the articles in our archive CLICK HERE

If you would like to join our EIC, then please visit our website Jelen Deer Home and register in the top right hand box where it says 'LOG IN'

Best regards,

Mike.

Overdone, too much, please stop turning our sport into endless courses and training.

Quote Originally Posted by shortshot View Post
    Overdone, too much, please stop turning our sport into endless courses and training.
    Interesting comment , these days it does seem like there`s someone to train you to do anything and everything , there will soon be a course in nose wiping I`m sure ..or worse , what happened to learning off old hands ?

Quote Originally Posted by Johno100 View Post
    Interesting comment , these days it does seem like there`s someone to train you to do anything and everything , there will soon be a course in nose wiping I`m sure ..or worse , what happened to learning off old hands ?
    No matter how much experience you have these days. If you don't have a certificate to say so your never going to be any good at what your doing.
    It's a joke at best of times but I can see both sides.
    I learned from an older stalker and was doing fine for a few years without question.
    Then I did DSC1 and learned so much even what I had been doing "wrong" for some time.
    I then went on to do DSC2 and now think I'm quite competent at what I do.
    However how long before things advance or legislation changes? Then what I'm doing right today may be wrong tomorrow!
    Will I need another course & a new certificate?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    No matter how much experience you have these days. If you don't have a certificate to say so your never going to be any good at what your doing.
    It's a joke at best of times but I can see both sides.
    I learned from an older stalker and was doing fine for a few years without question.
    Then I did DSC1 and learned so much even what I had been doing "wrong" for some time.
    I then went on to do DSC2 and now think I'm quite competent at what I do.
    However how long before things advance or legislation changes? Then what I'm doing right today may be wrong tomorrow!
    Will I need another course & a new certificate?
    No you hadn't!

Somebody else came up with an idea and persuaded others it was good and should become the "best practice" and thus you now feel in the wrong.
    A good example is the latest "best practice" for making a rifle safe before crossing an obstacle.

Until mid this year the military way was the most common method seen, but BASC have decided it's not good enough and rolled out a new "best practice" at the Jelen DSC1 course this summer.

There were quite a few negative comments about it but we were told it was here to stay.

So, am I/was I/ have I been doing it wrong?
    And do I agree with this new practice?
    Answer to both is?
    NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    No you hadn't!

Somebody else came up with an idea and persuaded others it was good and should become the "best practice" and thus you now feel in the wrong.
    A good example is the latest "best practice" for making a rifle safe before crossing an obstacle.

Until mid this year the military way was the most common method seen, but BASC have decided it's not good enough and rolled out a new "best practice" at the Jelen DSC1 course this summer.

There were quite a few negative comments about it but we were told it was here to stay.

So, am I/was I/ have I been doing it wrong?
    And do I agree with this new practice?
    Answer to both is?
    NO!
    That was exactly my point. Things change, sometimes there is nothing wrong with the old way but that becomes wrong over night as someone with some sort of authority gets their way passed as new legislation / best practice, I do try to keep up to date with changes but things change so quickly these days. I'm just glad stalking is a recreational pass time for me and not a business
    Wingy

I am an old hand!!!! ... BUT I fail to see where this fits in with my OP???? ... Very strange!

Quote Originally Posted by Jelendeer View Post
    I am an old hand!!!! ... BUT I fail to see where this fits in with my OP???? ... Very strange!

Old hands in the sense you help out an experienced stalker in return for his knowledge and practical help , no money or certificates changing hands ...now do you see what we mean?

Old hands in the sense you help out an experienced stalker in return for his knowledge and practical help , no money or certificates changing hands ...now do you see what we mean?
    ... I see what you mean, just can't understand why it should relate to my OP which is about emails??

no i cant see where the certificates and courses is stated in your OP either mike.

Maybe it reads different on their screens than mine and yours!!!!!.

Anyway will be travelling hopefully to do the advanced course you provide soon . Having travelled over 1500 miles now to attend your courses i can recommend them to anyone and again well done to you and all the team at Jelen for the excellent training and expertise you all provide.