Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: The right person to fix my Drilling?

  1. #1
    SD Regular Mr. Gain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    SW Birmingham (Rubery Rednal)
    Posts
    1,743

    The right person to fix my Drilling?

    I took my drilling out for a day on the pheasants at the start of the week and as the day went on I began to experience double discharges.

    The action evidently needs some attention, so the question is: who should I take it to? (or, for the purists, to whom should I take it?)

    I've a couple of people in mind but they're not exactly local, so any recommendations in the Birmingham area would be welcome as this would -hopefully- see it back in the field in shorter order.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

  2. #2
    Norman Clark in Rugby would not be a bad place to start. He is expensive but he is a very good Gunsmith.

    Yorkie.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gain View Post
    I took my drilling out for a day on the pheasants at the start of the week and as the day went on I began to experience double discharges.

    The action evidently needs some attention, so the question is: who should I take it to? (or, for the purists, to whom should I take it?)

    I've a couple of people in mind but they're not exactly local, so any recommendations in the Birmingham area would be welcome as this would -hopefully- see it back in the field in shorter order.
    I would highly recommend Irwin at Alan Rhone Ltd. Apprenticed at Marcel Thyss in liege and time served at Kreighoff he has extensive experience with drillings and is a complete gentleman to deal with his telephone no.01978 8660001 at Alan Rhone Ltd

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by brock and norris View Post
    I would highly recommend Irwin at Alan Rhone Ltd. Apprenticed at Marcel Thyss in liege and time served at Kreighoff he has extensive experience with drillings and is a complete gentleman to deal with his telephone no.01978 8660001 at Alan Rhone Ltd

    +1

  5. #5
    SD Regular Mr. Gain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    SW Birmingham (Rubery Rednal)
    Posts
    1,743
    Quote Originally Posted by brock and norris View Post
    I would highly recommend Irwin at Alan Rhone Ltd. Apprenticed at Marcel Thyss in liege and time served at Kreighoff he has extensive experience with drillings and is a complete gentleman to deal with his telephone no.01978 8660001 at Alan Rhone Ltd
    Now why didn't I think of that? It is a Kreighoff after all! and one more time... in the (probably forlorn) hope I won't have to use this smilie again for a while!

    Thankyou.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

  6. #6
    Dennis at UK Gun Repairs is second to none highly skilled and knowledgeable but also a really nice guy.

  7. #7
    SD Regular Mr. Gain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    SW Birmingham (Rubery Rednal)
    Posts
    1,743
    Quote Originally Posted by welshwarrior View Post
    Dennis at UK Gun Repairs is second to none highly skilled and knowledgeable but also a really nice guy.
    Thanks for the suggestion. It's a bit more of a run to go down to the SW than up to Wrexham from here, but it's always good to have such contacts in one's address book.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gain View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. It's a bit more of a run to go down to the SW than up to Wrexham from here, but it's always good to have such contacts in one's address book.
    He will arrange for the gun to be collected from you and returned via courier give mine a ring you'll be surprised.
    Last edited by welshwarrior; 06-12-2013 at 14:48.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by welshwarrior View Post
    Dennis at UK Gun Repairs is second to none highly skilled and knowledgeable but also a really nice guy.
    I had some work done there and would say never again; sloppy and the price went up when I came to pay as nothing was written down. My memory is much better and I had written it down....

  10. #10
    I've used them for a few years now and never had any issues, I've been very impressed with their work and service.

Similar Threads

  1. Drilling
    By stevec in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 19-04-2014, 10:23
  2. Wanted Leupold PRW Fix
    By Cadex in forum Other Shooting Equipment
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-10-2013, 20:49
  3. If you can't fix it .556 it
    By MD1664 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-11-2012, 10:18
  4. Getting to know my Drilling...
    By gitano in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 23-01-2011, 09:01
  5. Quick fix for plastic stock
    By ejg in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-10-2009, 21:54

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •