Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The right person to fix my Drilling?

The right person to fix my Drilling?

I took my drilling out for a day on the pheasants at the start of the week and as the day went on I began to experience double discharges.

The action evidently needs some attention, so the question is: who should I take it to? (or, for the purists, to whom should I take it?)

I've a couple of people in mind but they're not exactly local, so any recommendations in the Birmingham area would be welcome as this would -hopefully- see it back in the field in shorter order.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

Norman Clark in Rugby would not be a bad place to start. He is expensive but he is a very good Gunsmith.

Yorkie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gain View Post
    I took my drilling out for a day on the pheasants at the start of the week and as the day went on I began to experience double discharges.

The action evidently needs some attention, so the question is: who should I take it to? (or, for the purists, to whom should I take it?)

I've a couple of people in mind but they're not exactly local, so any recommendations in the Birmingham area would be welcome as this would -hopefully- see it back in the field in shorter order.
    I would highly recommend Irwin at Alan Rhone Ltd. Apprenticed at Marcel Thyss in liege and time served at Kreighoff he has extensive experience with drillings and is a complete gentleman to deal with his telephone no.01978 8660001 at Alan Rhone Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by brock and norris View Post
    I would highly recommend Irwin at Alan Rhone Ltd. Apprenticed at Marcel Thyss in liege and time served at Kreighoff he has extensive experience with drillings and is a complete gentleman to deal with his telephone no.01978 8660001 at Alan Rhone Ltd

+1

Quote Originally Posted by brock and norris View Post
    Now why didn't I think of that? It is a Kreighoff after all! and one more time... in the (probably forlorn) hope I won't have to use this smilie again for a while!

Thankyou.
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.

Dennis at UK Gun Repairs is second to none highly skilled and knowledgeable but also a really nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by welshwarrior View Post
    Dennis at UK Gun Repairs is second to none highly skilled and knowledgeable but also a really nice guy.
    Thanks for the suggestion. It's a bit more of a run to go down to the SW than up to Wrexham from here, but it's always good to have such contacts in one's address book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gain View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. It's a bit more of a run to go down to the SW than up to Wrexham from here, but it's always good to have such contacts in one's address book.
    He will arrange for the gun to be collected from you and returned via courier give mine a ring you'll be surprised.
    Last edited by welshwarrior; 06-12-2013 at 14:48.

Quote Originally Posted by welshwarrior View Post
    I had some work done there and would say never again; sloppy and the price went up when I came to pay as nothing was written down. My memory is much better and I had written it down....

I've used them for a few years now and never had any issues, I've been very impressed with their work and service.