The right person to fix my Drilling?

Mr. Gain

I took my drilling out for a day on the pheasants at the start of the week and as the day went on I began to experience double discharges.

The action evidently needs some attention, so the question is: who should I take it to? (or, for the purists, to whom should I take it?)

I've a couple of people in mind but they're not exactly local, so any recommendations in the Birmingham area would be welcome as this would -hopefully- see it back in the field in shorter order.

Norman Clark in Rugby would not be a bad place to start. He is expensive but he is a very good Gunsmith.

Yorkie.

I took my drilling out for a day on the pheasants at the start of the week and as the day went on I began to experience double discharges.

The action evidently needs some attention, so the question is: who should I take it to? (or, for the purists, to whom should I take it?)

I've a couple of people in mind but they're not exactly local, so any recommendations in the Birmingham area would be welcome as this would -hopefully- see it back in the field in shorter order.
I would highly recommend Irwin at Alan Rhone Ltd. Apprenticed at Marcel Thyss in liege and time served at Kreighoff he has extensive experience with drillings and is a complete gentleman to deal with his telephone no.01978 8660001 at Alan Rhone Ltd

I would highly recommend Irwin at Alan Rhone Ltd. Apprenticed at Marcel Thyss in liege and time served at Kreighoff he has extensive experience with drillings and is a complete gentleman to deal with his telephone no.01978 8660001 at Alan Rhone Ltd

Now why didn't I think of that? :doh: It is a Kreighoff after all! :doh: and one more time... :doh: in the (probably forlorn) hope I won't have to use this smilie again for a while!

Thankyou.

Dennis at UK Gun Repairs is second to none highly skilled and knowledgeable but also a really nice guy.

Thanks for the suggestion. It's a bit more of a run to go down to the SW than up to Wrexham from here, but it's always good to have such contacts in one's address book.

Thanks for the suggestion. It's a bit more of a run to go down to the SW than up to Wrexham from here, but it's always good to have such contacts in one's address book.

He will arrange for the gun to be collected from you and returned via courier give mine a ring you'll be surprised.

Last edited:
Dennis at UK Gun Repairs is second to none highly skilled and knowledgeable but also a really nice guy.

I had some work done there and would say never again; sloppy and the price went up when I came to pay as nothing was written down. My memory is much better and I had written it down....

I just called Alan Rhone, who were very helpful, and will be taking my Drilling to them after Christmas.

Thanks to all on here, especially B & N, for your suggestions.

I collected my drilling from Alan Rhone's today and so take this opportunity to round this thread off by thanking Irwin for the excellent job he has done and B&N for their most helpful -and wholly accurate- recommendation. Thankyou, gentlemen.

Back