Thread: Tikka 595 bolt handles may be coming, maybe

Tikka 595 bolt handles may be coming, maybe

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by hcm1 View Post

mmbeatel, i think he does them here but for a T3 ???

id rather have black mini number 8 pool ball on mine
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

SD Regular
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north
    I think it's about time us older tikka users got thought of! T3 trimmings are ten a penny and it aint fair!!!!!

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by monarman View Post
    I think it's about time us older tikka users got thought of! T3 trimmings are ten a penny and it aint fair!!!!!
    i dont need a pretty bolt for my 590 to feel better than a T3................thats for sure..................the 590 just is better,

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

i dont think id change much about my 595 but its always nice to have the option!

Have had tried the huge tactical bolt handles and came to the conclusion that they are not for hunting rifles. Medium sized is ok for a tactical set up but for a hunting rifle one needs to be very careful with the angle, shape and size of the bolt knob. We looked at a Westley Richards rifle that we have in the workshop this evening and talked about the shape of the bolt handle. Years of experience and feedback probably led to that shape, just about perfect.
    edi

I've taken to using the rubber balls sold by Bushwear and Askari.

These are not beautiful but they are readily removable, so you can fit them in winter when you're wearing gloves and want a bit extra to hold on to and take them off when the weather warms up.

You need to put a bit of grease on the bolt knob first to prevent surface corrosion of the bolt knob from moisture getting in, and to remove the rubber ball to get everything dry again after a soaking, but this is easily done.

All in all, it's a reversible anhancement that doesn't cost much to try out, even if you later decide the original was just fine, or that you want a permanent extended grip of the type linked to by the OP.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay