Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nelson Mandella.

Nelson Mandella.

It`s just been announced that he has died.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Just in case you missed the news today:
    The United Kingdom is suffering the worst storms for 60 years. 1,000's of Uk citizens forced to leave their homes for up to 48 hours at least, 1,000's of people without electricity, two unfortunate drivers killed, and many others seriously injured, as a result of the weather. Many homes and businesses flooded, costs could be into the billions. A red alert announced in Scotland, never been announced before and it basically means all drivers have been advised not to use any highways. All rail travel suspended north of the border, 1,000s of people stranded, some advised to seek out the few places left in community centres, what will happen to the rest. By the way snow is on its way. Most Uk citizens have been affected one way or the other.

Account Suspended
    View my Gallery (35)View my Gallery (35)
    Perhaps the wrath of Mandela truly an amazing man, I visited Robin island and saw the conditions he endured, offered clothing and no hard labour he refused,
    I think I will pull out my video for a wee look, I hope my son took it in how easy his life is in comparison, lovely Island though, Nelson RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Patterdale Terrier View Post
    Just in case you missed the news today:
    The United Kingdom is suffering the worst storms for 60 years. 1,000's of Uk citizens forced to leave their homes for up to 48 hours at least, 1,000's of people without electricity, two unfortunate drivers killed, and many others seriously injured, as a result of the weather. Many homes and businesses flooded, costs could be into the billions. A red alert announced in Scotland, never been announced before and it basically means all drivers have been advised not to use any highways. All rail travel suspended north of the border, 1,000s of people stranded, some advised to seek out the few places left in community centres, what will happen to the rest. By the way snow is on its way. Most Uk citizens have been affected one way or the other.
    And your point is??
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

I think his point is nothing else has been on the news! I for one agree

Quote Originally Posted by mark s View Post
    Have you not got a remote??

What a strange remark! It might surprise you? But not everyone actually cares that much about a former president of another country dying of old age! Yes he was a world leader! yes he was a man who enabled reconciliation in South Arrica! Yes its news! But no other news happened? BBC reporting nothing else? Can't be right

SD Regular
    Me too. Not out of any disrespect for Mandela and the stuggle against apartheid...an evil system...but that Sky and others literally do these things to death. Royal baby, shooting in USA school, all that sort of thing. As others say, whatever their motive, there just is other news too!

The shooting in the Navy Yard in the USA? That seemed to be almost a continuous item on Sky News for almost the whole of that afternoon.
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 06-12-2013 at 08:25.

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    Yeah what about the other 29 killed by suicide bomber?

Granted NM was an extraordinary man but he was what? 311 years old or something and having to die at such an age was no great shock...besides if the news heading read D Beckham has snuffed it there would be much much more to do about it!
    "you nae be needing these no more"
    I said as I slipped the knife through the cord

সাম্বার হরিণ

He did love his deer stalking though boys !
    Joking aside he had a belief and stuck by it no matter what he had to endure not something many of our politicians could stand up to !!!!
    Norma