Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you lost cash through stalking con??????

Have you lost cash through stalking con??????

After massive responce from me overselling post.
    Could members reply with yes I have lost cash through staking con
    Or No I have not lost cash through any sort of stalking con.

I would like to get governing body (offstalk!!) to monitor all lease holders this will protect anyone new to sport and also let these con men know we are not going to be conned any longer.

MODS why not set up a "sticky " where your members can vote on this.
    After all we all have to earn the cash to pay these con men and worse than that "sell" the idea to our Brides....

What constitutes a con? There are plenty that promise far more than they deliver and there are also plenty that are good at what they do and have the deer but the deer don't present themselves quite a few trips in a row. How would a governing body tell the difference?

No I have not lost cash through any sort of stalking con.

SD Regular
    I have been stalking and shot no deer. That the deer where there is without doubt. But that I could not get "in" to them is also fact. Is it a "con"?

Well there is the long told story of the shooting guest passing the laird's office to hear the stalker say to his master "Now Sir, do you want me to get him a beast, show him a beast or just walk him out..."

So the reality is that the rifle never really truly knows exactly what he ahs, or hasn't committed himself to...

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    I have been stalking and shot no deer. That the deer where there is without doubt. But that I could not get "in" to them is also fact. Is it a "con"?

Well there is the long told story of the shooting guest passing the laird's office to hear the stalker say to his master "Now Sir, do you want me to get him a beast, show him a beast or just walk him out..."

So the reality is that the rifle never really truly knows exactly what he ahs, or hasn't committed himself to...
    And the master noticing the guest in earshot would have undoubtedly exclaimed " good lord man get him the biggest stag on the estate"
    "you nae be needing these no more"
    I said as I slipped the knife through the cord

সাম্বার হরিণ

Quote Originally Posted by vulpinehunter View Post
    After massive responce from me overselling post.
    Could members reply with yes I have lost cash through staking con
    Or No I have not lost cash through any sort of stalking con.

I would like to get governing body (offstalk!!) to monitor all lease holders this will protect anyone new to sport and also let these con men know we are not going to be conned any longer.

MODS why not set up a "sticky " where your members can vote on this.
    After all we all have to earn the cash to pay these con men and worse than that "sell" the idea to our Brides....

I have read your other post "overselling", could you let us know what you paid and how many deer you shot in the time you were in said syndicate.
    I presume that you are responsible for the post on airgun bbs with the same title.

I would like to add something to this thread as i have a few syndicates and seen others and what goes on and sometimes it seems there are folk who take the p#ss but asking questions and speaking to people usually shows things up but then the other flip side to this can be that certain people expect too much and also their stalking ability comes into play.
    I know of folk who do not see deer whilst out stalking and always come back saying ground is void of deer when in fact it is quite the opposite.
    I have been on a certain piece of ground over the years and have heard of people going off on the syndicate owner for not having deer present when in fact it has them in abundance but it is difficult ground to stalk.
    some people think this stalking lark is easy and in certain instances it can be but usually syndicate ground or forestry blocks are a whole different ball game to open farm land/ woodland ground.
    knowing your ground at different times of the year helps no end I enjoy syndicates with the right people and the more questions you can ask brings things to light always ask for other members tel details i have no issues stalking with a few on the grounds if everyone sticks to areas and swaps but transparancy is the key ,atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Mereside makes a very valid point. I've seen this time and time again. It is true that there are some out there who partake in sharp practice however I reckon for every shark out there there are probably ten fold more who fit the category that mereside speaks of.

Vulpine hunter seems to be creating quite a stir with talk of court proceedings and involving an MP! I too would like to understand the grievance here and would also be interested to hear more about the circumstances. In addition we are only hearing from one side here. I would never even start to make a judgement either way until both sides have been heard.
    Last edited by jon2; 06-12-2013 at 22:18.

I should have pointed out in my post that I was sold place on Eight man syndicate.
    There now seems to be alot more than eight.
    I asked for members names and phone numbers so if I met someone who"had permission" I could look at list and see if he realy had.
    I was told by email from lease holder it was none of my business to even ask about other members.
    He then sent email stating that there now were just four on "my" ground one in France one in Austrailia and two in Middle east!!!
    I then phoned member that I had meet and he and his mate were going up the very next day.
    That in my book is a con.
    Hope this puts my side right.

Quote Originally Posted by jon2 View Post
    Mereside makes a very valid point. I've seen this time and time again. It is true that there are some out there who partake in sharp practice however I reckon for every shark out there there are probably ten fold more who fit the category that mereside speaks of.

Vulpine hunter seems to be creating quite a stir with talk of court proceedings and involving an MP! I too would like to understand the grievance here and would also be interested to hear more about the circumstances. In addition we are only hearing from one side here. I would never even start to make a judgement either way until both sides have been heard.

Undoubtedly VH you seem from your posts to have had a bad experience and im sorry to hear this. As you seem to be wanting other to give there experience of this issue could I be so bold as to as as to the details of this syndicate you give reference to ?
    Kind regards.
    Jimmy.
    Ps... this is only so as to avoid others being taken in by these people you have dealt with.