New format FAC

Legolas

I got my FAC back from North Yorks yesterday after applying for a variation. I wasn't aware that there'd been any changes to any legislation so when I saw there was a table showing the quantity of ammunition I could posses but no table of quantities to purchase I phoned up and queried it. Turns out that as of Monday, they now only state the maximum quantity you can possess and it's down to you as the FAC holder to police your purchase/holding quantities.

Seems like a decent bit of common sense to me. I just thought I'd pass it on in case anyone else's ticket drops and you think they've missed something of.

Thanks for the "heads up" I am due to receive mine back with a variation and was told it is a new format so hopefully that will save me a phone call!!!

Also worth noting the new maximum ammo holding includes all types expanding and non-expanding.

Got mine back yesterday after a variation and also noted the changes, another bit of good news 1-4-1 variations are now free with no time limit so they returned my cheque for £26

True 8x57, but there was an implied time limit to what was classed as a 1 for 1. I believe most forces required you to apply for the 1 for 1 within 7 days of disposing of the old weapon. I believe the new guidance is that there is no time limit. Of course, you have to inform them of the disposal within 7 days anyway so that seems the ideal time to apply, but the specified time limit has been removed from the guidance.

True there was a 7 day time limit that some forces enforced but not others. The way they looked at it if you hadn't applied for a 1-4-1 within seven days then that authority lapsed and if at a later date you wanted to increase the number of firearms on your certificate you would then have to pay a fee as it was not then considered a 1 -4-1.
I always found that it was a good idea to inform them that I would be applying for a 1-4-1 at the same time as notifying them of any transfers.

So does this mean the purchase limits are now meaningless? Or do I have to wait till I get a new form (variation due soon anyway) before I can purchase over the limits currently stated?

You have to abide by the conditions on your certificate, so I would think that you will have to wait until your certificate is amended.

Essex have a time that a 141 is free , I had one a few years ago and even inserted a letter that i was't sure on the cal i wanted to have ,so please can i have an open slot on file in the bank so to speak , this was what i was told to do ! But then they said i had gone over the time slot and was charged Eight weeks later:doh:

True 8x57, but there was an implied time limit to what was classed as a 1 for 1. I believe most forces required you to apply for the 1 for 1 within 7 days of disposing of the old weapon. I believe the new guidance is that there is no time limit. Of course, you have to inform them of the disposal within 7 days anyway so that seems the ideal time to apply, but the specified time limit has been removed from the guidance.

Last edited:
I got my new look FAC back from a variation on Wednesday for a 35 whelen & 22 Hornet but they forgot to add the Hornet ammo so I had to send it back !!

Well Ive been screwed with my new FAC. It went in with 500 max for .243 and come back with 160 6mm
I have and declared more than that on the paperwork!
They've taken boar off and said that the AOLQ covers it. I like having it named to save messing about

Well Ive been screwed with my new FAC. It went in with 500 max for .243 and come back with 160 6mm
I have and declared more than that on the paperwork!
They've taken boar off and said that the AOLQ covers it. I like having it named to save messing about

They took my Boar off and added AOLQ too,

Back