Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stavs auction lot 9 part 2

Stavs auction lot 9 part 2

Fraserd is "Alive"After some good detective work I have a phone number for Fraser,I phone this afternoon no reply I don't leave a massage, two minutes later I have a call. I have Fraser on the phone I tell him who I am and he starts to stutter says he busy at work, I ask if I can call him later but he said he would call when he has time.
    Fraser If you are following this thread all I want is my money back, 150 plus inconveinace 25 paid to our local parish council difribulitor fund I think that's fair.

I will give Fraser seven days from today to respond or get in touch, if not i will name and shame he has a very respectable job, this will be in the form of getting in touch with his employers and posting his details on this site, with his telephone number so you can all tell him your own views on this. All i wanted was a days shooting with like minded people.

Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by martyn52 View Post
    Fraserd is "Alive"After some good detective work I have a phone number for Fraser,I phone this afternoon no reply I don't leave a massage, two minutes later I have a call. I have Fraser on the phone I tell him who I am and he starts to stutter says he busy at work, I ask if I can call him later but he said he would call when he has time.
    Fraser If you are following this thread all I want is my money back, 150 plus inconveinace 25 paid to our local parish council difribulitor fund I think that's fair.

I will give Fraser seven days from today to respond or get in touch, if not i will name and shame he has a very respectable job, this will be in the form of getting in touch with his employers and posting his details on this site, with his telephone number so you can all tell him your own views on this. All i wanted was a days shooting with like minded people.

Martyn

Martyn,

If this guy does not come up with the goods we will ban him. I for one am fed up with people letting members down, So Frazer cough up and man up. Don't make excuses!!

If this does not happen I will give you two stalks with me for free to make up for it. Just PM me and we can sort out a date later in the winter.

Or I will auction it on the site to raise the funds that were not forth coming.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Martyn,

If this guy does not come up with the goods we will ban him. I for one am fed up with people letting members down, So Frazer cough up and man up. Don't make excuses!!

If this does not happen I will give you two stalks with me for free to make up for it. Just PM me and we can sort out a date later in the winter.

May I applaud you both for this. Martyn for the detective work in tracking him down and sikamalc for the generous offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    May I applaud you both for this. Martyn for the detective work in tracking him down and sikamalc for the generous offer.
    Ditto that.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Martyn,

That's a fantastic offer & just the sort of thing this site is all about. There is no place on this site for the very, very few like Fraiserd but thankfully they are few and far between
    Wingy

Quote Originally Posted by martyn52 View Post

Martyn
    After some considerable time I have logged back onto the SD site to see I have been getting a bit of a pasting without my being aware!

Yes Martyn you DID call me and as I was operating at the time it was entirely inappropriate for me to discuss anything with you. I actually didnt realise who was calling but in any event by the time I finished and was able to call I considered it too late. Some of us do NOT work 9-5!
    I have also sent you a PM today.
    You are already aware that I have not been on SD for some time and as I have been out of the shooting loop for I hadnt picked up your PMs or your messages.

As you have very openly posted vitriolic comments I think I have the public right of reply.

I was involved in the organisation of the auction and offered the day through me by a syndicate which has since folded as many have in the area.
    Looking back at the PMs your first post was well before shooting round here had even started and most of the syndicates do not offer guest place until after christmas anyway.
    The offer was for a day 'within the season' and PS.. the season is still in full swing. I do however have the opportunity for guest days in January when they are more available.

However As you have chosen to take this course of action and to vent your spleen on the forum I dont think I wish to spend a day shooting with you and at my expense I will be happy to refund your donation to the cause.
    I have neither been following the thread nor have I been aware of the problem until I was advised by some friends on the forum recently.

Actually I had quite a surprise at the adverse comments made especially as it was very clear that |I had not logged on for months.

However please send me your bank details by PM and I will be more than happy to make your refund. What you do with it is up to you.

It has been said many times that this and other discussion sites are prone to such behaviour especially if unrecognised by the target of one individual's ire as in this case.

I offered the day in good faith and have been unaware of your attempts at communication until the last week. I also gather you have contacted my staff and been less then polite on the telephone. I will discuss this with you by telephone as I indicate in my PM to you.

Fraser
    damnant quodnon intelligunt

what a top offer just when some chaps were letting the side down this happens! good on you feller well done , but a shame you have to bail out a lesser man.

Martyn,

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    what a top offer just when some chaps were letting the side down this happens! good on you feller well done , but a shame you have to bail out a lesser man.
    I have no intention to let ANY side down...

Try reading the previous post

Fraser
    damnant quodnon intelligunt

Ooooo teddy out of the pram I think.
    May be it's just me but if I'd offered an auction prize (which I'm not in a position to do) I'd have followed the auction as on eBay and made contact with the winning bidder as soon as it finished to establish contact. If the offered item became unavailable I'd have been in contact explaining the problem and what I was doing about it. Trying to resolve it but keeping the winner in the loop.
    Unlike fraserd I wouldn't have buried my head in the sand and hoped it would go away as it seemed in this case.
    Just because your not in a 9-5 job like many of us it takes seconds to send a PM
    If I was Martin to be honest I wouldn't want to shoot with you or do any future business either
    Not an argument just my opinion
    Wingy

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    Ooooo teddy out of the pram I think.
    May be it's just me but if I'd offered an auction prize (which I'm not in a position to do) I'd have followed the auction as on eBay and made contact with the winning bidder as soon as it finished to establish contact. If the offered item became unavailable I'd have been in contact explaining the problem and what I was doing about it. Trying to resolve it but keeping the winner in the loop.
    Unlike fraserd I wouldn't have buried my head in the sand and hoped it would go away as it seemed in this case.
    Just because your not in a 9-5 job like many of us it takes seconds to send a PM
    If I was Martin to be honest I wouldn't want to shoot with you or do any future business either
    Not an argument just my opinion
    Wingy
    +1 takes five minutes to at least say-: won't be till after Christmas.. Also you could have said the syndicate folded, it happens but you still knew this and still chose not to make contact...... Hmmmmm straws and clutching is a phrase that springs to mind...