Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: case tumbler

case tumbler

Hi
    Just aquired a smart case tumbler with a knackered motor from a mate who has bought a new one I am going to do the unthinkable in this throw away age and fix it, before I start redesigning it to fit the wrong motor has anyone come across this before,where could I get a motor , what could I canabilise
    Smart do not do spare motors at all, but I could have another drum if I wanted!!!
    when I spoke to them they were happy to fix it if it was on waranty but no way was i getting it repaired or spares for it otherwise
    cheers
    bogwelly

cooler fan motor usually found in beer dispensing kit?

I wouldn't bother mate......go ultrasonic - quicker, cleaner and cheaper in operation.

http://www.bestultrasonic.co.uk/ultr...leaner-1-p.asp

Pretty good price too!

Can anyone shed a bit of light on this ultrasonic lark?

Do you just chuck them in for a few minutes and hey presto, get a shiny, like new case?

Are there any drawbacks?

Seems like a good thing to have

Dan

I can't shed any light on the ultrasonic cleaning lark yet as i'm just about to embark on the reloading game myself but i have just bought the same ultra 7000 of Maplins £29.99 with an electronic pair of 6" calipers also on offer at £9.99 that look exactly the same as some well known makes at 6x the price and because it was nearly £35 the postage is free,ruddy bargain.
    Neil

Case tumbler

I use ultra sonic machine (Maplins) method - I put about 25 cases in hot water with 25% white vinegar for about 4 minutes empty and then repeat with clean hot water for another 4 minutes- works fine. Allow cases to drain and dry then they are ready for use.

TonyC

I too use a ultrasonic cleaner, £15.00 from Aldi, I used a tumbler before but one advantage of the ultrasonic clean is that it cleans inside the case as well, this helps with keeping crud of your precision dies.

Best rgds

Tahr

Do they come out shiny like new, or do they just look cleaner?

Kyle

Depends on what you use as a cleaner, mate. You will not get cleaner than an ultrasonic.

I just use cold water and a few splashes of white vinegar - the cases come out increadibly clean and then just run under the cold tap for a sec.

If you use a metal cleaner, the cases will come out like mirrors. I'm content with a squeeky clean but dull finish of just white vinegar and water.