Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Battery pack for spot lighting

Best Battery pack for spot lighting

Whats the best or best value battery pack to get.
    lyon

Make your own, go to maplins, they have all you'll need.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager SA View Post
    Make your own, go to maplins, they have all you'll need.
    How much would that cost ?

Quote Originally Posted by lyon View Post
    How much would that cost ?
    Cant recall but not that much. I had mine in a rucksack with two batteries for bunnying and walked up foxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager SA View Post
    Cant recall but not that much. I had mine in a rucksack with two batteries for bunnying and walked up foxing.
    Thanks will go have a look. Cheers

Thanks will go have a look. Cheers
    Dont forget to go with good AMP Hour batteries.

Forget batteries unless you like lugging extra weight around. The new generations of torches are the way to go, they can match a lf170 and run off a battery a little bigger than a aa for 5 hours..

Whats the best or best value battery pack to get.
    lyon
    What lamp do you intend to use?
    Are you on your own?
    I lamp mainly on my own with a LF 170 8.5 amp pack and on foot. I am quite successful with this (85 foxes) so far this year.
    The new gen lamps are very nice, how ever having it clipped to the rifle would not suit my walking style as I would have to sweep the field with the gun. With a clip on lamp I find I can hold the light above the fox until it is nearly in range then clip it on to shoot.
    It just depends on what you are going to do...

Tim.243

Quote Originally Posted by Tim.243 View Post
    What lamp do you intend to use?
    Are you on your own?
    I lamp mainly on my own with a LF 170 8.5 amp pack and on foot. I am quite successful with this (85 foxes) so far this year.
    The new gen lamps are very nice, how ever having it clipped to the rifle would not suit my walking style as I would have to sweep the field with the gun. With a clip on lamp I find I can hold the light above the fox until it is nearly in range then clip it on to shoot.
    It just depends on what you are going to do...

Tim.243
    Its a LF 170 also do a bit from the motor its on hill ground straight up if a see eyes from the road the rest will be on foot if can not call it closer so light battery would be good. I could use a led light on the rifle but have to find them first the hand held lamp can cover more ground and a larger beam also. Most of my spotlighting is on my own like to cover ground on my own.

Cheers lyon

I have two, one 22ah I carry in small daysack, the other is 2x 7ah connected in parallel giving 14ah and carried on a belt. Try screwfix etc or even ebay for the batteries as they are usually cheaper. I usually don't bother with the spade connectors and solder the wiring direct to the terminals. Use DIN plugs and sockets, they are better than the standard cigar plug but will still allow you to use a vehicle as a power source, or for really good connectors the plasplug two pin garden type.