Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: 150 grain barnes tsx

  1. #1

    150 grain barnes tsx

    Hi All, over the last week been load testing for the barnes tsx 150 grain in .308, best load is with blc-2, cuts a ragged hole at 100 yards with 5 rounds, but only getting 2668 fps, has anyone tried any different powders like vit n140 didnt want to try varget as its hard to locate, whats anyone else using? thanks Dean

  2. #2
    Distinguished Member 223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nr Newport (shrops)
    Posts
    1,919
    remember Dean speed doesnt kill accuracey does , 2668 fps is fine mate if it shooting that good leave it alone

  3. #3
    hi 223, yes thats what mike said at calton moor, using 48.5 of blc-2, max load in barnes manual was 50 grains, but accuracy went right off, thanks for the reply,

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanandrew64 View Post
    Hi All, over the last week been load testing for the barnes tsx 150 grain in .308, best load is with blc-2, cuts a ragged hole at 100 yards with 5 rounds, but only getting 2668 fps, has anyone tried any different powders like vit n140 didnt want to try varget as its hard to locate, whats anyone else using? thanks Dean
    we run 2 308s (if that what you have) with 150gr Barns ttsx using 45gr Vit 140

  5. #5
    hi see it shoot it, yes .308 sako 85 with sporter barrell, what brass you using? ive been setting them at 45 thou of the lands, do you get good accuracy and what speeds? thanks Dean

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanandrew64 View Post
    hi see it shoot it, yes .308 sako 85 with sporter barrell, what brass you using? ive been setting them at 45 thou of the lands, do you get good accuracy and what speeds? thanks Dean
    lapua brass,accuracy is around .5 to 3/4 inch FPS not sure as I havnt got the details to hand

  7. #7
    thanks for the info will load some up to test over the weekend and check speeds on mikes chrono, regards Dean

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanandrew64 View Post
    thanks for the info will load some up to test over the weekend and check speeds on mikes chrono, regards Dean
    accuracy kills not speed

  9. #9
    thanks for the replies see it shoot it, loaded six just to try but am going to stick with the blc-2 load for the accuracy, regards Dean

  10. #10
    I thought that speed was needed for the Barnes TSX to perform properly (expansion). I would appreciate it if you could let us know how your rounds perform on the hunt. I am working on a load for my 300 win mag using the 180gr TTSX but I believe that I might need to drop down to the 168gr version just so that I can get it moving a bit faster. I have to admit I have not used mine in anger yet so cant say first hand how well the bullet performs on the beast. They do group well but I need to check the speed as I suspect that I to will be using quite a slow load.

Similar Threads

  1. barnes tsx 130 grain load data for .308
    By Blue400 in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 22-08-2014, 20:17
  2. Barnes TSX in a 6.5x47
    By Mutley in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 30-06-2013, 19:41
  3. Barnes TSX .30cal in 130g
    By stugun in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-01-2013, 09:34
  4. Barnes Tsx
    By redlab in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24-02-2012, 22:15
  5. Anyone shooting barnes tsx in 270 ?
    By leec6.5 in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31-05-2011, 13:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •