150 grain barnes tsx

Deanandrew64

Hi All, over the last week been load testing for the barnes tsx 150 grain in .308, best load is with blc-2, cuts a ragged hole at 100 yards with 5 rounds, but only getting 2668 fps, has anyone tried any different powders like vit n140 didnt want to try varget as its hard to locate, whats anyone else using? thanks Dean

remember Dean speed doesnt kill accuracey does , 2668 fps is fine mate if it shooting that good leave it alone

hi 223, yes thats what mike said at calton moor, using 48.5 of blc-2, max load in barnes manual was 50 grains, but accuracy went right off, thanks for the reply, :tiphat:

Hi All, over the last week been load testing for the barnes tsx 150 grain in .308, best load is with blc-2, cuts a ragged hole at 100 yards with 5 rounds, but only getting 2668 fps, has anyone tried any different powders like vit n140 didnt want to try varget as its hard to locate, whats anyone else using? thanks Dean

we run 2 308s (if that what you have) with 150gr Barns ttsx using 45gr Vit 140

hi see it shoot it, yes .308 sako 85 with sporter barrell, what brass you using? ive been setting them at 45 thou of the lands, do you get good accuracy and what speeds? thanks Dean

hi see it shoot it, yes .308 sako 85 with sporter barrell, what brass you using? ive been setting them at 45 thou of the lands, do you get good accuracy and what speeds? thanks Dean

lapua brass,accuracy is around .5 to 3/4 inch FPS not sure as I havnt got the details to hand

thanks for the replies see it shoot it, loaded six just to try but am going to stick with the blc-2 load for the accuracy, regards Dean

I thought that speed was needed for the Barnes TSX to perform properly (expansion). I would appreciate it if you could let us know how your rounds perform on the hunt. I am working on a load for my 300 win mag using the 180gr TTSX but I believe that I might need to drop down to the 168gr version just so that I can get it moving a bit faster. I have to admit I have not used mine in anger yet so cant say first hand how well the bullet performs on the beast. They do group well but I need to check the speed as I suspect that I to will be using quite a slow load.

Barnes say use one weight if bullet down, drive them fast & give them a good jump to the lands for best performance.

Has anyone tried Reloder 15 for 130 and 150 grain TTSX?

Also how about Reloder 15 for the 243 85 grain bullet? It drives my 75 grain Sierra HPs very quickly!

Ian

I thought that speed was needed for the Barnes TSX to perform properly (expansion). I would appreciate it if you could let us know how your rounds perform on the hunt. I am working on a load for my 300 win mag using the 180gr TTSX but I believe that I might need to drop down to the 168gr version just so that I can get it moving a bit faster. I have to admit I have not used mine in anger yet so cant say first hand how well the bullet performs on the beast. They do group well but I need to check the speed as I suspect that I to will be using quite a slow load.
Ive used both the TSX and the TTSX in s few rifles they perfom superb,little to no meat damage or bruising drop things on the spot Ive shot most African plains game with them also munty and roe

thanks for the replies see it shoot it, loaded six just to try but am going to stick with the blc-2 load for the accuracy, regards Dean
I thin k I have a tub od BLC 2 if you want to buy it,bring your gun over and put your load through my magneto speed chrono in the workshop

hi see it shoot it, thanks for the offer much appreciated got a tub ealier in week from mike and another this morning from leek shooting supplies so got plenty by me, all powders seam to be going into short supply, use the ttsx in the 270, with H4350 powder 2765 fps, 55 grains, thats max load in barnes manual but shows no presure signs, great knockdown power on big reds, the manual shows 3133fps but i havnt been able to get near that with 20 inch tikka t3 sporter so dont know what type of gun they use to load test? thanks for the replies

hi see it shoot it, thanks for the offer much appreciated got a tub ealier in week from mike and another this morning from leek shooting supplies so got plenty by me, all powders seam to be going into short supply, use the ttsx in the 270, with H4350 powder 2765 fps, 55 grains, thats max load in barnes manual but shows no presure signs, great knockdown power on big reds, the manual shows 3133fps but i havnt been able to get near that with 20 inch tikka t3 sporter so dont know what type of gun they use to load test? thanks for the replies
if powder is hard to get you should be buying as much as you can:doh:

Back