Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice please

Advice please

Browning x bolt 243 the bolt is fine when no round chamber but is stiff some times when a round in place been using the same factory ammo the gun has not shot that many rounds .i tried to unload this morning and to release the bolt was stiff .

Many thanks DJC

Are you putting to many rounds in the box?

you need to give a good slap like I told you haha

Quote Originally Posted by Jager SA View Post
    Are you putting to many rounds in the box?
    No it does it with just one in and the box out it's not the rifle that I I use most it may just need the bolt working in and out with some oil on ?????

Quote Originally Posted by ianc View Post
    you need to give a good slap like I told you haha
    Ian don't forget your gloves next week HaHa

Quote Originally Posted by DJC View Post
    Browning x bolt 243 the bolt is fine when no round chamber but is stiff some times when a round in place been using the same factory ammo the gun has not shot that many rounds .i tried to unload this morning and to release the bolt was stiff .

Many thanks DJC
    has it always done this? Is it just stiff AFTER you've fired a shot? Is it stiff to just lift the bolt and or to extract the case? Is their any obvious marks on the round both when fire and when unloaded?

Quote Originally Posted by aliS View Post
    has it always done this? Is it just stiff AFTER you've fired a shot? Is it stiff to just lift the bolt and or to extract the case? Is their any obvious marks on the round both when fire and when unloaded?
    It's stiff to extract a round even if not fired the bolt is hard to move up or down

And the chamber is not excessively fouled and or you've given it a good clean with a chamber brush? No damage to the round after extracting such as scoring? Have you tried only the one make of round? Are the rounds excessively dirty (ie waxy, federal seem to bad for it, Norma are normally very clean) ? If so try shinnying up a round with a chamois or yellow duster and try again. Can you borrow a round of a different manufacturer from someone to try?

+1 as aliS suggests but most likely just a slightly over sized batch of cartridges for your chamber. A different batch or brand will have it back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by aliS View Post
    And the chamber is not excessively fouled and or you've given it a good clean with a chamber brush? No damage to the round after extracting such as scoring? Have you tried only the one make of round? Are the rounds excessively dirty (ie waxy, federal seem to bad for it, Norma are normally very clean) ? If so try shinnying up a round with a chamois or yellow duster and try again. Can you borrow a round of a different manufacturer from someone to try?

Thanks lads for all replays I will try a different batch
    DJC