Roof bar

Hulse

I'm after putting some spot light on the top of my suzuki grand vitara 53 plate and was wondering the best to do it was ? I don't really want to drill the car and thought a roof bar on the top then drill into that ?

Anyone done anything similar ?

Thanks

I'm after putting some spot light on the top of my suzuki grand vitara 53 plate and was wondering the best to do it was ? I don't really want to drill the car and thought a roof bar on the top then drill into that ?

Anyone done anything similar ?

Thanks

I put a single roof bar on my Y reg GV up to the join on the roof brackets and bought one of the Lightforce sucker bar hinged brackets that the T handle light fits through.... they're about £25. Added a bit of ply with a couple of wing nutted roofing bolts into the hinge base and it clamps over the end of the roof bar nicely. Can be used either side of the motor and the handle folds up out of the way when you open the door. Puts the lamp above the roof line too so you can lamp all round. ;)

I've only fitted the single bar at the front as it means I can still open the rear door, stand on the back and shoot off the roof. A 6" 'pod on the rifle will put you over the top of the bar.... works well.... had more than several foxes like this. And I've zeroed rifles off it too.

And I've got a second bracket/T bar spotter jobbie on the go too.....with a Bosch UFLED IR with zoom lensed watec camera on top of that running to a screen inside the cab.

atb

Fizz
:cool:

Last edited:
Back