Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New boots

New boots

Got my new meindl Dover extreme gxt boots Thursday out with them yesterday for the first time
    was beating all day with no problems great boots well worth the money
    bushwear service was great aswell

It's good when it works out. I feel the same way about my Harkila boots I got a few months ago. sbm

I have the same boots. Did a season ghillying on the Isle of Rum, several hundred miles, and they're still the most comfortable boots I've got. Need a good pair of socks if it's cold though.

Have to agree , never had a pair of boots that feel so good and sturdy
    Enjoy yourself ........it's later than you think !!

Mine seem to get more comfy every time I wear them! Great boots - well worth the money!
    MS

They did feel VERY weird the first time I wore them, they are extremely stiff on the ankle, which is good for protection and stops your feet getting tired on lots of slopey ground but it feels seriously strange until you get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_hooks View Post
    They did feel VERY weird the first time I wore them, they are extremely stiff on the ankle, which is good for protection and stops your feet getting tired on lots of slopey ground but it feels seriously strange until you get used to it.
    By the sounds of it I need a pair of these after having my ankle plated I need all the protection I can get I've always had army surplus matterhorns up to now which have held up well but I could really use some ankle support these days ...
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Lundhags are better.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    By the sounds of it I need a pair of these after having my ankle plated I need all the protection I can get I've always had army surplus matterhorns up to now which have held up well but I could really use some ankle support these days ...
    Jimbo

i used a pair of Meindl Glockner GTX for several seasons and they are a stiffer boot than the Dovre, which I now have. The Glockner have a rating that allows them to be used with crampons. They are not as stiff as a true mountaineering boot but will offer more support and comfort when traversing along a slope for example. My mate has a pair that must be 10 years old now!

Red Dot, I know friends who swear by the Lundhags but I believe the lower foot part is constructed with cellular rubber therefore have a tendency to create sweat???? I never, ever have that issue in Meindl or Diotto boots, mind I don't have sweaty feet regardless....

A query for experienced Dovre wearers: do you find that if you walk any distance on a hard surface (tarmac, frozen ground etc), your feet start to hurt like hell? Several times recently I've finished 6-7 hour hill walks where much of the way has been on frozen mud/bog and my feet feel bruised. Doesn't happen when I walk on softer surfaces.

I wonder if this is something to do with the rigidity of the sole?