Poll: For stalkers that stalk MORE than 50 days /year. Results so far

teyhan1

Well the results so far have been very interesting and enlightening.
I have opened a new thread and will as I have said bump the original to keep any results coming in.
So far here is what I think the results say

N.Scotland = Red Stags are down. Some up, some down which probably means local variations according to species but in general numbers stable
S.Scotland = The overwhelming concensus is that the population is quite stable
N. England = Some up, some down which probably means local variations according to species but in general numbers stable.
Midlands = Some up, some down which probably means local variations according to species but in general numbers stable.
Eastern = Roe down but Reds up. Some up, some down which probably means local variations according to species but in general numbers stable
S.West = Reds down and in general all numbers down.
S.East = Some up, some down which probably means local variations according to species but in general numbers stable
Wales = Doesn't have any deer

Most noted were concerns in the Eastern and SW regions which seem to be rife with either poaching or over culling

Here is the map at the moment. If those of you that have taken part so far can be bothered can you edit your posts to show approx how much land you manage. You don't have to if you don't want to, it would just be handy to know if we're dealing with 1,000 acres or a 1,000,000. Given that there are over 50 replies and you all stalk for more than 50 days then my guess is were talking of between 250,000 to 500,00 acres

Back